Did Carnival change their pizza crust?

Looking at some previous reviews of the Dream, I came across this picture.

P1080711.JPG

Is it just me, or does that pizza crust look different than what I remember eating on the Triumph and Imagination? Did Carnival change their pizza crust? The picture looks like those par-baked pre-form crusts that you can buy at the grocery store. I hope not as this is something that I really enjoy onboard.

I have been on the Triumph 3 times and the last time out in March the pizza was horrible!! I always looked forward to the pizza but not that time:(

The pizza on my January cruise on the Triumph was great; same as I remembered from my Imagination cruise a few years ago. Maybe something DID change since my last cruise :eek:.

DH has sworn for the past couple of years that the pizza is not as good as it used to be....guess he's not alone! Hasn't stopped him from eating it every day though! haha

I do believe it was better some years ago. Better sauce , better cheese and a tastier crust.

Other than that the pizza they make today is wonderful.icon7.gif

Food is subjective. As a college kid I would eat just about any kind of pizza. In fact our favorite was the min. mart pizza.

However, to answer the question. When I was on the dream in Jan. that is what the pizza looked like, same with the Liberty this past June. I believe it was had a crust with a little bit more fluff on the Freedom in 2009.

Still liked it in Jan. though.

I agree that the calzones are better than the pizza.

The goat cheese pizza is pretty good too.

My advice is to wait the seven minutes for fresh and hot.

I tired a piece of something out of the case and it was pretty yucky and not worth eating.

The goat cheese pizza is pretty good too.

My advice is to wait the seven minutes for fresh and hot.

I tired a piece of something out of the case and it was pretty yucky and not worth eating.

Completely couldn't agree more!

The pizza is underbaked but the calzones are good.

????

How much more baked do you want it? :D

P1020892.JPG

Is this a pic of one you two shared?

If not...

I have had pizza on the same ship at different times of day and one can be overbaked, then one underbaked and then one is just right.....

All in all though the quality in general of the pizza on Carnevil has slipped...:(

All in all though the quality in general of the pizza on Carnevil has slipped...:(

...Nope, Sorry, have to disagree. It appears to me it is always the same pizza. The pizza DOES change from ship to ship, and to me it is just the personnel that makes it. Different quantities of sauce, cheese, spices and "doneness".

...Now, of course, it's not New York pizza (and, believe me, I know NY pizza) but for a ship that probably pushes out a thousand of these "belt driven" pizzas a day, it's not bad!

...Nope, Sorry, have to disagree. It appears to me it is always the same pizza. The pizza DOES change from ship to ship, and to me it is just the personnel that makes it. Different quantities of sauce, cheese, spices and "doneness".

...Now, of course, it's not New York pizza (and, believe me, I know NY pizza) but for a ship that probably pushes out a thousand of these "belt driven" pizzas a day, it's not bad!

I grew up in NY and believe me 9 out 10 slices/pizzas suck there too....;)

Archived