Change cabin on reservation

I was just curious as to how many times people call to change their cabin on their reservation. I have already changed my cabin once, but if the cabin I really want opens up, I'm planning to call again.

Also what was the most times you have called for price drops on the same reservation? If you're lucky and there are a lot of price drops, can you call each time you see one? Do you call if it's only a few dollars?

If I see a cabin I think I would like better I call & call again until I am in the perfect spot. I have never had a Royal rep act as if it was not their pleasure to move me. Call away, it's your reservation and yours to do as you please. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

I've changed cabins plenty of times, and I just did it on my current reservation. If it's after final payment, then it's got to be a cabin for the same price or higher.

I always consider my cabin just a placeholder; I watch prices up until 2 days before I sail to see if I can get a better cabin for the same price or higher. The one I just did a few days ago was to upgrade from an E2 to an E1-center hump balcony cabin for an additional $30 per person.

We have never changed cabins and have always been satisfied with what we were given. We have never been below Deck 8 though and the locations were always near the elevators.

We never tried to get up upgrade and didn't know that you could get a better price until we found out about that just recently.

When we did cruise on Carnival last year our travel agent called us and told us that we would get $200 in on-board credit.

Guess we're learning as you go when it comes to cruising and finding the better prices. Now we'll know to do that

I was just curious as to how many times people call to change their cabin on their reservation. I have already changed my cabin once, but if the cabin I really want opens up, I'm planning to call again.

Also what was the most times you have called for price drops on the same reservation? If you're lucky and there are a lot of price drops, can you call each time you see one? Do you call if it's only a few dollars?

As many times as I need to. There is no maximum. And there is certainly no minimum for saving $$$.

Stop worrying about "bothering" someone. You are the customer; call as often as you like.

P.S., Most of the time, I book directly with RC, and always with the same CVP. She loves my calls. I may call often, but I always know what I want.

It is a standing joke in my house. Without consulting me, DH orders luggage tags as soon as the link becomes available. Then he acts perturbed when I change to a better cabin without consulting him. Then the cycle may repeat until we reach our luggage tag limit or the perfect cabin:D

For cabin change, I just do it through the countdown to cruise...it's a lot quicker than calling and I can see a list of all the cabins available!

Where in the MY CRUISES "Countdown to Cruise" do you see a list of available cabins?

On the RC website, yes. In My Cruises? Where?

And be very very careful about messing around with your cabin assignment in the My Cruises section. People have reported that their cabin has CHANGED when all they were doing was "looking around".

For cabin change, I just do it through the countdown to cruise...it's a lot quicker than calling and I can see a list of all the cabins available!

I changed my cabin on line once a few years ago - same category. My price was also changed to the current price which was a whole lot higher. I called and they corrected the price. After that, I decided I'd change rooms only by phone so I'd have so surprise price change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived