Medano Beach, Cabo (post hurricane)

MaiTaiMary

We will be visiting Cabo mid November. We had plans to go to Medano beach and are still researching places to hang out there.

How is the Medano Beach area looking, post hurricane?

Any recommendations for a family place to hang out at? Looking for someplace casual, with a swimmable beach for the kids.

thanks. :)

we will be there at the beginning of Nov and plan to go to the beach there too. I will be blogging so you can follow along. Any particular place you want to know about?

thanks!

I'm really just lost right now. I didn't have a plan before the hurricane and now I don't know if our options are even more limited. :confused:

looking into:

~Tabascos

~Medano Beach Club

~The Sand Bar

We would also be interested in finding a hotel that's on a swimmable beach where we could purchase a day pass. Not having any luck with that, though.

Any recommendations are appreciated! Sailing in just a few weeks and I'm completely at a loss with Cabo. We'll have three kids with us, (ages 7, 8, and 10). They want to play at the beach and DH and I want to relax with a cold drink. :cool:

Thank you!!

thanks!

I'm really just lost right now. I didn't have a plan before the hurricane and now I don't know if our options are even more limited. :confused:

looking into:

~Tabascos

~Medano Beach Club

~The Sand Bar

We would also be interested in finding a hotel that's on a swimmable beach where we could purchase a day pass. Not having any luck with that, though.

Any recommendations are appreciated! Sailing in just a few weeks and I'm completely at a loss with Cabo. We'll have three kids with us, (ages 7, 8, and 10). They want to play at the beach and DH and I want to relax with a cold drink. :cool:

Thank you!!

Okay I have written down the restaurants/bars. I am pretty sure we are going to head over to this beach and spend the day. We don't normally do day passes so can't help you there.

Vickie

Okay I have written down the restaurants/bars. I am pretty sure we are going to head over to this beach and spend the day. We don't normally do day passes so can't help you there.

Vickie

There were great reviews on Tabascos, but I heard it is being rebuilt now because of the hurricane.

I wonder if they have finished and have reopened.

Don

I live in Cabo part time so I get my info direct from the locals.

Tobascos is being rebuilt. They hope to be re-opened by Nov 15.

Medano Beach Club is now called Moxitos, same owner, new name. It is open for business.

The Sand Bar is also open.

All three of these are great choices for families as they are on the mellow side. Almost all bars and restaurants in town are open. The rebuilding process went much quicker than many thought. Costco was originally scheduled to reopen Dec 15, it's reopening today. I'm sure you will see damage, but not devastation. The palm trees look more like telephone poles than trees.:p

Please come and enjoy, and November is one of the best weather months. I hear there have been whale sightings already.

This is wonderful news!! So glad that Cabo is getting back on its feet. We will be there in just about a month.

I thought it was too early for whales, but the recent sightings you mentioned is exciting! Now we will have to reevaluate our plans :)

I live in Cabo part time so I get my info direct from the locals.

Tobascos is being rebuilt. They hope to be re-opened by Nov 15.

Medano Beach Club is now called Moxitos, same owner, new name. It is open for business.

The Sand Bar is also open.

All three of these are great choices for families as they are on the mellow side. Almost all bars and restaurants in town are open. The rebuilding process went much quicker than many thought. Costco was originally scheduled to reopen Dec 15, it's reopening today. I'm sure you will see damage, but not devastation. The palm trees look more like telephone poles than trees.:p

Please come and enjoy, and November is one of the best weather months. I hear there have been whale sightings already.

This is wonderful news!! So glad that Cabo is getting back on its feet. We will be there in just about a month.

I thought it was too early for whales, but the recent sightings you mentioned is exciting! Now we will have to reevaluate our plans :)

Keep a watch for spouts as you sail in and out of Cabo, also the Reys.

There are usually a few that come in early, I'll let you know if I hear of more.

Thanks for the photo....

In your opinion, when will it be finished and open again?

Did they have a sign announcing their re-opening?

Don

They are shooting for November 15 and since most of the rebuilding was finished ahead of schedule, they will probably make that deadline, unless they can't get certain materials. It took two weeks for my broken window glass to be replaced because glass was in high demand.

we will be there at the beginning of Nov and plan to go to the beach there too. I will be blogging so you can follow along. Any particular place you want to know about?

We are traveling on the 14th. Were you planning on posting or sharing pics? Either way,Mohave a wonderful time..

Peter - using Tapatalk on my iPad.

We are traveling on the 14th. Were you planning on posting or sharing pics? Either way,Mohave a wonderful time..

Peter - using Tapatalk on my iPad.

we leave on Sunday on the Grand. I blog (link is in my address) and usually post at least once a day sometimes twice. We are in Cabo on the 12th and will post and pics too.

Actually leave on Wed night for three days at Disney -

have a great trip too

We were just in Cabo on Saturday. I can't believe how well they recovered from the hurricane so far. The hotels that are closer to the marina and Medano were not as damaged as those down the coast a bit. We did a ship excursion to a hotel and it was great. The hotel was Casa Dorado. You can contact them directly and see if they offer day passes or only as a ship excursion. It's right on Medano beach and they have chairs and umbrellas. However, we spent most of the time at the pool because it was so nice. My dh got a bad jellyfish sting while were in the ocean, so we didn't stay in there too long. The only problem with Cabo on a cruise is the time is way too short.

More photos of Tabasco's rebuilding:

A tourist that is there on vacation and is a general contractor is helping them because he says it's his favorite beach bar and he wants it reopened ASAP.

Thank you CW....

It looks like it is coming along nicely.

I like the scenery of the ocean...beautiful! :)

Don

CW's picture reminded me of the beach damage to all of the hotels. Even the one we were at didn't have much damage to the hotel itself except for foliage and the roof, but the concrete steps to the beach and the sea wall were destroyed. They had temporary wooden steps in place. You could see that same scenario at every hotel. The more we walked down the beach the more you could see other damage to things like thatched roofs over bars and canopies. Still, amazing recovery and a nice day.