Current bar prices on the Spirit?

Was just curious whether there's much difference between bar prices on US-based ships versus Australia-based ships. Prices on the Legend last month weren't bad, so here's hoping they're similar on the Spirit down here.

Yes definitely more expensive!

Unfortunately it's the same with everything in Australia, even after you count the exchange rate difference and taxes payable to import here there's still a massive mark up on everything!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only ever been on RC & paid US$. Are those prices $A?

Those beer prices look high compared to Royal. Recently on repo cruises on Rhapsody and 'Aussie' prices ie after we left Honolulu, were US$6 for say Tooheys New (including 15% tip). This was up from US$5.75 on the Alaska & Hawaiin legs ($5 + 15%). That said, there were often specials such as US beer for US$3 or $3,50 or $4 (all with 15% added on top).

Happy cruising.

Thanks a bundle for the scans! Yeah, those prices are heavily jacked up - on the Legend repo last month a pint of Frog was US$7.75 or so, Bud, Millers, Coors and so on were $5.50 a bottle, Captain and coke was about $7.50. Bless the Australia tax - and no Cheers program to compensate!

Thanks for those scans - that's extremely helpful! I expect it to be a bit pricey, but it's just good to know what options are there and how much we likely need to budget. Plus it looks like the soft drinks package will be a good deal for one of us at least :-)

I thought that the booze prices on Spirit were the most expensive of any cruise that I have been on -- $7.50 for a can of low alcohol XXXX Gold?????

RCI are far more reasonable - and have a more interesting collection of beers.

Looking more closely at it, I can't understand how they have worked their pricing out - the xxxx Bright Summer beer is a stronger alcohol content than the Gold - but the same price. And why would Victoria Bitter be more costly than Tooheys New and Old???

Barry

Edited by bazzaw

Barry I agree, my husband wondered how they could charge more for VB than imported beers!

We ditched the beer on the cruise and drank spirits and cocktails - better value for money and the bar staff are very generous with their spirit servings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow :eek: we looked at booking a Carnival Cruise before settling on Celebrity with a drinks a package included, glad we did after seeing those prices, don’t mind paying more than I would at home at the Pub or Club but that is well over the top, $8-25 for VB, im also assuming this is A$?, if not and $US then its even more, only been on 1 previous cruise on Radiance of the Seas earlier this year and sure VB was $5-50, cocktails around $8, big difference………..

I was on the Carnival Spirit in August this year and yes they are Australian dollar prices. I drink xxxx gold and got a bit of a shock at $7.50 for a stubbie or the same for a schooner on tap. The thirsty frog $8.95 for an on tap schooner was pretty pricey too I thought. There certainly was not much of a price difference between a Crowny at $8.25 and the xxxx. Mind you ,after the initial shock, using your sail n sign card you do not see the cash change hands ! I thought the on tap xxxx tasted better than the bottle variety , I enjoyed either way it was delivered . Maribel at the Spirit Atrium bar knew how to pour a good beer :)

I was on both Spirit and Legend recently and I think their bar prices are very high. As usual the ladies do okay because you can get a cocktail for around ten bucks that would cost sixteen on land but, for example, once you add the 15% fee you are looking at around or above ten dollars just for an aussie beer. A glass of house white or red is about the same. Based on my local Sydney club, that's getting up around double what I pay on land, and bear in mind Carnival is paying both duty-free and the discounts for buying in great volume.