Norwegian Haven questions

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Cruising for the first time? Our members will have you cruising like a pro in no time! Don't forget to read our 8000 reviews written by first timers just like you!
First Time Cruisers
You May Also Want to Read: Over 6,000 Published Cruise Reviews by First Time Cruisers

Best advice for first-time cruisers; learn how to pick a cabin, find the best cruise bargain, tips on what to pack.

Browse Cruise Critic's First Time Cruiser Resources (articles)
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:09 AM.
8 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
Greetings all,

Going on our first cruise, chose the Haven Aft-facing suite on the Getaway. I have some questions for any who have cruised in the Haven before:

1) It's not a spa suite, do we get to use the spa?
2) All gratuities seem to be prepaid with my fare, do I tip anyone at all?
3) Do we drink free in the Haven lounge? If not alcohol, anything at all?

Really appreciate any feedback and/or priceless tips that would help us maximize our experience!
Chicago
9,559 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
You are starting cruising off with a BANG!!
The Haven is indeed special. Just to cover a few things quickly.
Your Butler and Concierge are not included in the basic Daily Service Charge so you will have to tip them individually depending on the services you used them for. The Butler can serve you meals en suite and will provide goodies on a daily basis and make sure your coffee machine is fully stocked. You can also request things from them.

As for drinks it all depends on the level of suite you have booked. You most likely have received the Ultimate Beverage Package so that will cover all drinks under $15 (not including bottled water and specialty coffees).

You will not have access to the thermal spa unless you purchase a week spa pass (there might be some port days where they could possibly have a day pass). You can buy this in advance on line and save a few
dollars.

Enjoy your suite on the Getaway~
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. ~Kahlil Gibran

Sounds of the wind or sounds of the sea make me happy just to be. ~June Polis

Dude, don't you understand the first rule of holes? When you find yourself in a hole stop digging. Take it from a fellow Gopher.
~Planer's Edge

A passport, as I'm sure you know, is a document that one shows to government officials whenever one reaches a border between countries, so the officials can learn who you are, where you were born, and how you look when photographed unflatteringly.
~Lemony Snicket

Cruised:
M.V. Hobart Star 1974 (Blue Star Line)
T.S.S. Festivale 1993 (Carnival Cruise Line)
S.S. Norway 2003 (Norwegian Cruise Line)
Queen Mary2 2006 (Cunard Line)
Carnival Imagination 2009 (Carnival Cruise Line)
M.V. Norwegian Sun 2010 (Norwegian Cruise Line)
Carnival Destiny 2011 (Carnival Cruise Line)
Norwegian EPIC 2013 (Norwegian Cruise Line)
Carnival Breeze 2014 (Carnival Cruise Line)