Does anyone know why Carnival doesn't stop in Calica anymore?

marylp

• 2 weeks later...

I have been wondering too. Calica was one of my favorite stops. Tulum, Akumal, Cenote Ohos, Yalku Lagoon, Playa Del Carmen just to mention a few of the places we have visited. I really miss this place.

• 3 months later...

Carnival signed a pending deal with the Mexican Govt to invest $150 million dollars

March 12, 2012

Carnival Corporation may be coming through for Mexico in a big way. According to Mexico tourism sources, the world’s largest cruise company has signed a compromise to invest $150 million in port infrastructure in Mexico’s Pacific coast and Caribbean coast.

Carnival, which already has invested $100 million in Mexico's tourism infrastructure, is apparently interested in possibly developing two new projects, including a cruise terminal at Calica and one at Puerto Cortes in South Baja California.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they do build a port at Calica or PDC. If the big shots at Carnival will cough up the money our amigos in Mexico will have it built in a year. We were on Cozumel right after hurricane Wilma. The piers were gone. Nothing left but jumbles of concrete and rebar. We were back a year later and they had two of the piers nearly finished. My hat is off to these people.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
Carnival stopped going there when they left Mobile. Once every 2 weeks the Mobile ship went to Calica. We liked on our trips PDC is a very nice place to visit.

Now that Carnival is returning to Mobile in 2016 I wonder if Calica will be one of their stops?