Overnight in Seattle

Bigun913

We arrive in Seattle on 9 September in the afternoon for a 10 Sept. sailing of the NCL Star. We are staying at the Quality Inns and Suites on Aurora avenue. Whats the easiest way to get to Pier 66 for the cruise and what is the best things to see/do with such a short amount of time. We also look forward to great local seafood. Whats is a good non-tourist place to get good local seafood. Thanks.

Bigun913

Not sure exactly where your hotel is located-- we stayed at the Westin (priceline bargain)and we spent the afternoon/evening before the cruise at Pike's Market. There are also lots of great little restaurants in the area-- for the life of me I don't remember the one we ate at-- but it was really cheap--and excellent seafood/fish. We also got beautiful bouquets of flowers we took on the ship -- they were like $5 each-- lasted the whole cruise. In the morning, we took a cab to the port-- it was close by-- so the cab was next to nothing. I want to think for 3 of us- it was $12.

Enjoy your cruise! Not sure if I was much help!:)

Easiest way to the port is via Taxi from there. You will be a bit north of Down Town core nearer to the Seattle Center area than the market. If the mono rail is running it is a easy way to get town town quickly.

For non-tourist areas for sea food, forget anything near the Pike Street Market. You might think of the Flying Fish Restaurant at 2234 1st Ave in the Bell Town district. On south Lake Union you will find the Harborside Resturant at 1200 Westlake Ave North. It's very nice place over the water where you can watch the float planes land and take off. At the north end of Lake Union you will find Ivars Salmon House at 401 NE Northlake Way. Any of those three will be good.

• 4 weeks later...

Another option on 1st ave. is Cascadia, same price range as Flying Fish $$$. Anthony's Homeport at the waterfront serves good seafood at $$ and is dock side to your ship. They have an outside eating area that's fun on a pretty day, a casual diner downstairs and full restaurant upstairs. Enjoy!

I believe the hotel you are staying in is about 5 blocks east of the Seattle Center. The best way to get to Pier 66 is going to be by taxi, it will be a 5-10 minute ride. To get downtown from where you are staying, you can either catch a bus which stops on the same side of the street as your hotel or walk. It is about a 15 minute walk on mostly level streets. I am not sure if the monorail is operating, but if it is I would NOT take it, it has broken down 2x in the past couple of months:eek: and I know I would not want to have to wait to be assisted off of it.

As for good eats, there are a few that I like that serve seafood.

On the waterfront is Elliotts - www.elliottsoysterhouse.com

At Pike Place Market is Cutters - www.r-u-i.com

Also at Pike Place Market is Etta's Seafood -

www.tomdouglas.com

Northwest of downtown Seattle (fabulous view), but spendy Palisade -

http://www.palisaderestaurant.com/

I hope this helps, our weather here has been nice this summer, there is a slight chance of rain showers on Saturday am. but it is suppose to be in the 70's.

Have a wonderful time in Seattle.

Palisades has one of the most beautiful views of Seattle at night. We go there often because it's in our backyard. However; the food isn't as good as others listed and is spendier. If you go have the Pupu Platter and the Crab Cakes with Plum Sauce are really good. They do a good job with planked salmon and often feature Northwest Wines. Elliott's has great clam chowder. Cutter's makes my favorite Margarita and has wonderful foccacia. Have a wonderful trip!

Archived