Mexican Riviera Cruise - 2016

bling19572010

Just starting to look into a Mexican Riviera Cruise in 2016 and I would love your opinions on your Mexican Riviera cruise experience and how you liked/disliked it.

1. What cruise line did you use?

2. What ports did you visit and what were the pros and cons of each port?

3. If you cruised in Dec. 2016 what was the temperature, humidity and amount of rain like?

Thank you!!

We have been on the Mexico cruise twice and booked again for 2/2015. We are loyal to Princess for our cruises. We went January 2010 and November 2013. Both times the weather was great and had no rain the entire trip. Very warm! Our ports were the same and will be the same again. Puerta Vallarta, Cabo and Ensenada. We loved all the ports. Favorite is Puerta Vallarta as we were married there 5 years ago, hense the pic. Do not miss the Taco Tour with Vallarta Eats. It was a great tour, but we were there for a 7 day land trip.

Hope this helps and have a great time!

We have been on the Mexico cruise twice and booked again for 2/2015. We are loyal to Princess for our cruises. We went January 2010 and November 2013. Both times the weather was great and had no rain the entire trip. Very warm! Our ports were the same and will be the same again. Puerta Vallarta, Cabo and Ensenada. We loved all the ports. Favorite is Puerta Vallarta as we were married there 5 years ago, hense the pic. Do not miss the Taco Tour with Vallarta Eats. It was a great tour, but we were there for a 7 day land trip.

Hope this helps and have a great time!

Thank you for the info!

Just starting to look into a Mexican Riviera Cruise in 2016 and I would love your opinions on your Mexican Riviera cruise experience and how you liked/disliked it.

1. What cruise line did you use?

2. What ports did you visit and what were the pros and cons of each port?

3. If you cruised in Dec. 2016 what was the temperature, humidity and amount of rain like?

Thank you!!

For what it's worth . . . we happen to be partial to Princess but that's just us. Carnival in 2002 and Princess to the Panama. Book based on price and itinerary.

Been through Cabo twice, Mazatlan once and landed in Puerto Vallarta for the last twelve years.

Cabo is a French designed tourist destination that is too commercial for us and we really don't care if we ever get off the boat again. If you are into whale watching or dolphin shows, this is the place for you.

Mazatlan is an old commercial port with an old tourist district. Been 12 years and I can't really remember if we thought it was worth going back to again. I do know a lot of people like spending a beach day on Stone Island.

Puerto Vallarta . . . Came on a ship in 2002, came back on a plane in 2002 and now own two timeshares. Spend the better part of our Novembers here every year. Old town, not-so-old town, every food type from bar grub on the beach to gourmet restaurants up in the hills. Spanish Tapas to traditional German. Sunny days on the beach to ziplining through the tree tops. We continue to see only pro's and haven't run across the con's (except on boat days when you damn tourists arrive).

Temps cold at sea when north of Cabo and heavenly once you arrive. On return is will be windy and bumpy headed back north from Cabo (Alaska Current flows south along the CA coast). Rarely rains after late October and humidity is also gone by early November.

December 2016 is so far off that it is really impossible to know what the ports will be used for the typical 7-day itinerary.

Enjoy!

We went with Carnival in January 2012 and are booked again for Oct. 2015. We found that Carnival is a good fit for our family because we have small children and they have great kids programing. It is also very affordable, so we can take multiple trips in a year (cruising isn't my favorite vacation style). So I think considerations like that have a lot to do with which line you choose. Disney and Royal don't go to Mexico right now, so for families, Carnival is the main choice.

We did two port days in Cabo and one in PV last time, and are doing the same itinerary again. Though some of the sailings have added Mazatlan. In Cabo, we loved whale watching and an ATV excursion that we took outside of town. We didn't actually spend much time in Cabo at all, just because it was so commercial. I would highly recommend both excursions, particularly the whale watching. You'll be there during peak time, and it's pretty amazing! We did our own beach day in PV at Mismaloya, which was fantastic.

I thought the weather was perfect in January, but I think it is too hot in Mexico from about April-September, so maybe I'm not a good judge. It was around 80 degrees in both ports on the days we were there. The only complaint from anyone in our group was my MIL. She likes to lay out for around 3 hours a day (no joke), and she felt like it was too cold to do that on the sea days because we were too far north. Those days it was still in the 60s, but not super hot like she is used to. She is originally from Hawai'i though, so she likes it roasting hot.

Hope that helps! It's such a great part of the world that you are sure to have a great trip no matter what you choose! We've done land vacations there as well and always had a great time.

For what it's worth . . . we happen to be partial to Princess but that's just us. Carnival in 2002 and Princess to the Panama. Book based on price and itinerary.

Been through Cabo twice, Mazatlan once and landed in Puerto Vallarta for the last twelve years.

Cabo is a French designed tourist destination that is too commercial for us and we really don't care if we ever get off the boat again. If you are into whale watching or dolphin shows, this is the place for you.

Mazatlan is an old commercial port with an old tourist district. Been 12 years and I can't really remember if we thought it was worth going back to again. I do know a lot of people like spending a beach day on Stone Island.

Puerto Vallarta . . . Came on a ship in 2002, came back on a plane in 2002 and now own two timeshares. Spend the better part of our Novembers here every year. Old town, not-so-old town, every food type from bar grub on the beach to gourmet restaurants up in the hills. Spanish Tapas to traditional German. Sunny days on the beach to ziplining through the tree tops. We continue to see only pro's and haven't run across the con's (except on boat days when you damn tourists arrive).

Temps cold at sea when north of Cabo and heavenly once you arrive. On return is will be windy and bumpy headed back north from Cabo (Alaska Current flows south along the CA coast). Rarely rains after late October and humidity is also gone by early November.

December 2016 is so far off that it is really impossible to know what the ports will be used for the typical 7-day itinerary.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much!!! :)