Port Access Haifa, Help please

Bedruthen

Hi there, I am struggling to get confirmation on this so hoping previous cruisers may know the answer. We have an overnight stop in Haifa and are planning to take the train to Jerusalem for the day and want to return to the ship late in the evening.

One of the tour companies has told us that you cannot access the port after 7pm, is this really the case. Previously on overnight stops at other ports, you can come and go as you please.

Anyone have first hand experience of returning to Haifa port late evening?

Hi there, I am struggling to get confirmation on this so hoping previous cruisers may know the answer. We have an overnight stop in Haifa and are planning to take the train to Jerusalem for the day and want to return to the ship late in the evening.

One of the tour companies has told us that you cannot access the port after 7pm, is this really the case. Previously on overnight stops at other ports, you can come and go as you please.

Anyone have first hand experience of returning to Haifa port late evening?

I called the port's passenger information service and they said that there is no problem to return after 7 PM

They suggested that if I had the ship and date information that they could check it more definately

If you wish to speak to them directly their number is 972-4-854-8246

This was in 2012, so I am not sure if it still works.

Our ship had an overnight in Haifa and on the first day, we went to the Dead Sea and Jerusalem. Came back to the ship at around 10pm. The guide with the van was able to drive through the gate to the parking lot but we had to get off the van and went through the security check first before we were able to say "Goodbye" to our guide. That was all we had to do, so there was no problem getting back to the ship, just had to go through security first.

• 4 weeks later...

Last year in march we had an overnight stop in Haifa onboard the Norwegian Jade. We went out at night to walk around for a bit; can't remember the specific time when we returned but it was definitely after 7pm, probably around 10pm or so. No problems going back in.

• 1 month later...

We have visited Haifa a number of times via ship, will be there again in October. We generally return to the ship by at 6pm, enjoy sitting on our balcony and enjoying the beauty of the city and the lights as it gets dark. I don't recall any restrictions on returning to the ship in the evening. The train station is right next to the port.

If I was trying to find this out I would look the port of Haifa up on the web and see if there is any info on the web site, possibly you could send an email to check out this issue further.