Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

So when the first image of the hotdog truck showed up, I didn't pay much attention to the fact that they didn't build a whole truck inside the SeaPlex.

seaplex-dog-house_zpsed338194.jpg

The small thing on the side of the Quantum model's SeaPlex (at the right end of it) caught my eye, but I did not know what to make of it. It looked like a small skull!

10690115_555952947863951_833117666748034484_n_zps273d4312.jpg

Oh so that's what it is! The rest of the hotdog truck! :D

42104300448043E041004410435043D043E04320hotdogtruck_zps5ab22257.jpg

Wow, thats pretty cool! I like it.

So when the first image of the hotdog truck showed up, I didn't pay much attention to the fact that they didn't build a whole truck inside the SeaPlex.

seaplex-dog-house_zpsed338194.jpg

The small thing on the side of the Quantum model's SeaPlex (at the right end of it) caught my eye, but I did not know what to make of it. It looked like a small skull!

10690115_555952947863951_833117666748034484_n_zps273d4312.jpg

Oh so that's what it is! The rest of the hotdog truck! :D

42104300448043E041004410435043D043E04320hotdogtruck_zps5ab22257.jpg

That is very cool. Did not notice it before. Looking back at some prior photos there was just an opening in that area and assumed it would just be glass. This is creative and different I have to say.

That is very cool. Did not notice it before. Looking back at some prior photos there was just an opening in that area and assumed it would just be glass. This is creative and different I have to say.

Would have been funnier if they put the back end of the truck outside of the place and made it look like the truck crashed into the building :D

Apologies if I missed this but if she's heading down the Ems tomorrow when are they adding the North Star's arm and capsule.

I'm fairly sure I recall a pic being posted that at least the capsule was at the Yard? :confused:

I believe it is after her first sea trial

A bunch of photos here from the August 25th media tour that I haven't seen yet...

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/sur-le-chantier-du-quantum-seas-22

Some Anthem of the Seas photos as well:

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/sur-le-chantier-du-quantum-et-de-lanthem-seas-12

Great pictures. I like the way they show the artist renditions before the areas under construction.

Would have been funnier if they put the back end of the truck outside of the place and made it look like the truck crashed into the building :D

LOL! Who knows you may have just gave them an idea for Anthem to show differentiation:). Now what will replace the bear on Anthem and then Ovation?

Still room for a Water Slide Simulator next to the Hot Dog Truck :p

Maybe on Anthem but more likely on Ovation due to timing with current construction schedule. (But anything is possible). I am sure they have been taking note of all the feedback and comments. You recall that the rendering of Oasis 3 showed a water slide. That had to be result of passenger feedback and RCI research.

From the deck 12 plans looks like the first few cabins forward near the bridge may be reserved for the crew. Perhaps the Captain and other Senior Officers.

I agree with your thoughts, but only on the port side. The starboard side appears to have regular cabins for the public right next to the bridge.

I found this photo of part of the area forward of Michael's Genuine Pub, where deck 5 is open to deck 4 below on the port side.

722f594971ff7c64145e3349a5b2f393.jpg

Here are more pics from the area forward of Michael's Genuine pub. Staircase on the left side of the picture ishighlighted in yellow on deck plans. I included the photo from previous post.

Port-sidepassagewaypastMichaelsGenuinePub_zpsc73f95f3.jpg

Music Hall

I flipped the deck plans around to orient them with the picture. The hall's stage is on the right side of the photo.

MusicHall_zpsbd98542a.jpg

These must be the windows at the top of the interior of deck 5 with cross bars.

MetalcrossbarslikeseenfrominsidepassagewaypastMichaelsGenuinePub_cropped_zpsbca45df2.jpg

Deck5windows_zps896bf7c5.jpg

Here are more pics from the area forward of Michael's Genuine pub. Staircase on the left side of the picture ishighlighted in yellow on deck plans. I included the photo from previous post.

Music Hall

I flipped the deck plans around to orient them with the picture. The hall's stage is on the right side of the photo.

MetalcrossbarslikeseenfrominsidepassagewaypastMichaelsGenuinePub_cropped_zpsbca45df2.jpg

Looks good, TasL.

Great that you were able to match the outside window views with the area in photo.

I just realised that the retail spots on the port side of deck 4 are under the outside walkway of deck 5. Makes sense.

Can we catch a glimpse of anything up on deck 5 that gives a hint to what that MORE TO COME spot is?

I am wondering if they changed their mind about the section with the wavy edge on the top level of the music hall, or is it not in sight in photo or installed yet?

Quantum-of-the-Seas-Music.jpeg

Edited by Lloyd555

Music Hall

Great pictures!! I love how much natural light is in the froward Esplanade area!!

Great pics. But from those does it mean they've followed the likes of Norwegian Epic with blocked promenade views due to the position of the life boats.

Also looks like no more muster outside like on the freedom class as there simply isn't the space!

Edited by Single Cruiser

Great pics. But from those does it mean they've followed the likes of Norwegian Epic with blocked promenade views due to the position of the life boats.

If you're referring to the outside promenade deck, than actually it is just the same as the Oasis and Allure and the Celebrity S Class ships. I think placing the lifeboats in spots that block the promenade deck are to make the boarding process onto the lifeboats easier in case of emergency.

If you're referring to the outside promenade deck, than actually it is just the same as the Oasis and Allure and the Celebrity S Class ships. I think placing the lifeboats in spots that block the promenade deck are to make the boarding process onto the lifeboats easier in case of emergency.

Yep. As opposed to the older ships all the way up to freedom/Liberty and Indy where you muster on the deck underneath the lifeboats but have nice open views of the seas. After dinner rather than walk the royal promenade to the theatre its nice to walk along the promenade often as the sun is setting..

Edited by Single Cruiser