Goodies for the Maiden Voyage?

We were fortunate enough to be on it for Oasis of the Seas, and soon Quantum!

We received a nice cap and a few other things I can't remember :o.

What do you think will come with this transatlantic Maiden Voyage?

Which sailing of the Oasis were you on, the 5 night or 7 night? The cruise lines have really been splitting hairs lately to increase revenue. According to the official site the transatlantic is simply an "8 night Ocean Voyage on Quantum of the Seas" while the 11/23 is listed as an "8 night Inaugural Bahamas Cruise". They don't specify the term "miaden" when identifying the transatlantic. Based on what NCL and Celebrity have done in the past with this kind of scenario I don't think there will be much on the transatlantic beyond the "first to do it" element. The Oasis with it's extra 5 nighter for Labadee was kind of RCCL's first time doing anything like this, no idea if they gave anything on that sailing or just the inaugural 7 nighter.

Which sailing of the Oasis were you on, the 5 night or 7 night? The cruise lines have really been splitting hairs lately to increase revenue. According to the official site the transatlantic is simply an "8 night Ocean Voyage on Quantum of the Seas" while the 11/23 is listed as an "8 night Inaugural Bahamas Cruise". They don't specify the term "miaden" when identifying the transatlantic. Based on what NCL and Celebrity have done in the past with this kind of scenario I don't think there will be much on the transatlantic beyond the "first to do it" element. The Oasis with it's extra 5 nighter for Labadee was kind of RCCL's first time doing anything like this, no idea if they gave anything on that sailing or just the inaugural 7 nighter.

The guests on the 4 nighter Oasis Labadee Extravaganza although it was not advertised as the Maiden did receive gifts.

Then the guests on the 7 nighter which was the Inaugural also recieved gifts.

The same happened for Allure on her first two sailings.

Hi Jesse,

The team that is in charge of Quantum is a new team..apart from the main Executives of course, so really we have no idea what they might have or might not have planned in the way of gifts for this sailing.

It would be nice though if they did a certificate to celebrate her first crossing :D

• 2 weeks later...
We were on the Oasis Labadee Extravaganza. They gave us each an Oasis beach towel.

We are also booked on the 11/2 TA Maiden? for Quantum.

A beach towel for a voyage to Labadee, makes sense. Wonder what they could think of that's relevant for a transatlantic. Only thing I can think of is Quantum of the Seas branded Bonine pills, lol. But I hope that's not needed. Our 2012 transatlantic was rough and when we sailed Oasis our deck 9 balcony cabin (first on the port side) had a huge stain on the carpet at the door from the waves on her delivery transatlantic getting in. Hopefully Quantum has a smooth sailing over here, the seas were exceptionally rough last winter from November to April so maybe they will be smooth this year to make up for it.

lOn the Liberty of the Seas we received the following gifts:

Tote which turned into a backpack

Baseball style Cap

A free copy of the week in review video

Certificate with 8x10 photo of the Liberty in a presentation folder acknowledging sailing on maiden voyage

album for photos and several other small items

Each night of the cruise there was a gift left on the bed upon our return from dinner.

Chuck

On the Oasis 7 night inaugural sailing eastern Caribbean in Dec 2009 some of the gifts were a set of pens, chocolates from Norman Love, bottle of champagne, 2 white ball caps with Inaugural Season on it, commemorative photo and certificate, commemorative coins. Going from memory LOL it was 5 years ago now :D

On the Oasis 7 night inaugural sailing eastern Caribbean in Dec 2009 some of the gifts were a set of pens, chocolates from Norman Love, bottle of champagne, 2 white ball caps with Inaugural Season on it, commemorative photo and certificate, commemorative coins. Going from memory LOL it was 5 years ago now :D

And a nice beach towel. :D

Others who have been on a Maiden Voyage, please post what goodies you received.

This is the first so called RCI "Maiden" voyage where pax were actually allowed to book the TA as the Quantum repos over to the Cape Liberty. I don't recall any other ship doing this. When Oasis came over, it only had staff and crew on.

IMHO, there will probably be more amenities given out on the November 23 Inaugural cruise.

I do these UK to US floating hotel maiden voyages as often as possible. The delight in doing so is they are normally only running at about twenty percent capacity enabling a peaceful, cheap, child free restful transatlantic crossing. Their inexpensive at about $900 offering nine days of crew mistakes, accommodation, full board & a stay in the US for as long as you like according to your visa & a free flight back to Europe & its more subtle culture.

To see the crew running around like headless chickens is worth it's weight in gold as customer services freely hand out FOC sweeteners in recognition of dire service.

My last TA maiden on the NCL Getaway in January 2014 was pure entertainment all the way. The force ten gales & forty foot seas lasted for days & only enhanced the TA experience for me, I fondly recollect the insignificant final bill due to the free, food, spa & drinks handed out as compensation for poor service, which if fact was excellent.

If your also on the maiden out of Southampton on the 02-11-2014 in the morning you will find we in the Spa & in the afternoon in Library & in the evening in the quietest restaurant quaffing a quality claret with a beaming grin all over my face as we bounce around in another force ten, happy days.

I was not on Oasis Trans but I was on the "inaugural" and I remember the little bottle of coke that had the Oasis info on it as a gift. I treasured it for a couple days till I saw it in one of the bars as an item for purchase. I still have it but not treasuring it as much sense I know any Tom Dick or Harry could have purchased it. :o

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

I was not on Oasis Trans but I was on the "inaugural" and I remember the little bottle of coke that had the Oasis info on it as a gift. I treasured it for a couple days till I saw it in one of the bars as an item for purchase. I still have it but not treasuring it as much sense I know any Tom Dick or Harry could have purchased it. :o

Bought one of those on the January 2nd sailing. Looked everywhere for one and finally found it in the Cupcake cupboard. The next night they set a table up in the Promenade with cases of them to try and get rid of. On eBay they were selling for a decent amount though. I still love mine, keep it on the shelf next to my gigantic Oasis ship model and Captain Wright photo.

Also a fleece blanket, commemorative coke bottle, tote bag, lanyard, and I'm probably still forgetting 1 or 2 things. Oh, and cinch sack at check in, before we even boarded. Allure inaugural was slightly fewer goodies, but still quite a bit IIRC. Some the same, some different, as I think I recall getting luggage straps on that one and I know we hadn't gotten those on Oasis.

• 4 weeks later...
Also a fleece blanket, commemorative coke bottle, tote bag, lanyard, and I'm probably still forgetting 1 or 2 things. Oh, and cinch sack at check in, before we even boarded. Allure inaugural was slightly fewer goodies, but still quite a bit IIRC. Some the same, some different, as I think I recall getting luggage straps on that one and I know we hadn't gotten those on Oasis.

I just found the tote bag. :D

Others who have been on a Maiden Voyage, please post what goodies you received.

lOn the Liberty of the Seas we received the following gifts:

Tote which turned into a backpack

Baseball style Cap

A free copy of the week in review video

Certificate with 8x10 photo of the Liberty in a presentation folder acknowledging sailing on maiden voyage

album for photos and several other small items

Each night of the cruise there was a gift left on the bed upon our return from dinner.

Chuck

Nothing was done on the Freedom and pax were not happy. Folks had paid a good amount to be on the "maiden voyage" and didn't receive anything. So, from what I heard, they decided they better give out gifts on Liberty and so they did.

Those darn chocolates!!!!! Hate them, hate them, hate them!!! We got absolutely HOOKED on the Norman Love Chocolates. I order them for Mr Ski several times a year and often order them as gifts. They don't ship in summer months though...so that helps some. (I now have them sent to his office and tell him to keep them there.) LOL...last year I ordered several boxes at once...one for him and 2 as gifts but had them all sent to his office. I forgot to tell him and next thing I knew he had eaten all 3 boxes (sharing with folks at office or so he said)....so I had to order more for the gifts.

LOL now that you mention it I do recall something else but I called it a blanket :)

I just ran across that blanket the other day and couldn't remember where/when we had gotten it. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!!!

It is hard for me to remember some of the gifts because OA was in Dec and then they were doing Diamond Celebration...so couldn't remember which gifts were "maiden voyage" and which ones were "Celebration" gifts. I know we received a bottle of wine/champagne with an Oasis label on it. We wanted to bring it home but had another cruise booked as a follow-up. (Can't remember which ship but it was whatever was RD class out of SJU at the time.) Anyway, it was in our checked luggage....which went to the naughty room. They refused to let us keep it. We explained we wanted to bring it home. Our theory was would we really have risked bringing it and breaking it, etc. to drink onboard when we could have drank it the week before onboard OA. LOL This was before the rules changed where you can have 2 bottles onboard. Mr Ski made the GSM promise to take care of it for the week. GSM kept it on desk the whole week and returned it to us the last evening. Still have it on display.

Edited by skiiergirl

I just ran across that blanket the other day and couldn't remember where/when we had gotten it. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!!!

It is hard for me to remember some of the gifts because OA was in Dec and then they were doing Diamond Celebration...so couldn't remember which gifts were "maiden voyage" and which ones were "Celebration" gifts. I know we received a bottle of wine/champagne with an Oasis label on it. We wanted to bring it home but had another cruise booked as a follow-up. (Can't remember which ship but it was whatever was RD class out of SJU at the time.) Anyway, it was in our checked luggage....which went to the naughty room. They refused to let us keep it. We explained we wanted to bring it home. Our theory was would we really have risked bringing it and breaking it, etc. to drink onboard when we could have drank it the week before onboard OA. LOL This was before the rules changed where you can have 2 bottles onboard. Mr Ski made the GSM promise to take care of it for the week. GSM kept it on desk the whole week and returned it to us the last evening. Still have it on display.

That's a good point...I forgot about Diamonds in December. :cool::)