Helicopter tour &/or sky dive in south Caribbean?

Extra Kim

Me and my fiance are doing a B2B on Legend O.T.S in Jan-Feb 2015 and we want to do a helicopter tour over one of the Islands.

We are going to:

Aruba

Bonaire

Br. Vigin Islands

St. Kitts

Dominica - Already have a tour booked there.

Antigua x2

St. Maarten

Barbados

Grenada

St. Lucia

Where would you take an helicopter tour and why? We were thinking that St. Lucia might be a nice Island for that ?

We have never sky dived but if we were to sky dive we would like a fantastic view and could it be any better then the caribbean? :D

The same goes for this; Where would you sky dive and why?

I have done the helicopter tour from Antigua to Montserrat. It was spectacular!

As you may know, Montserrat has very few people living there now since the volcanic eruption a few years ago. It was astonishing to see the houses, farms, commercial buildings and hotels half buried in lava. There are still cows running around, which is kind of odd. There is only a small area in one section has inhabitants. The only way to see most of the island is by air. It really is a unique experience.

I have done the helicopter tour from Antigua to Montserrat. It was spectacular!

As you may know, Montserrat has very few people living there now since the volcanic eruption a few years ago. It was astonishing to see the houses, farms, commercial buildings and hotels half buried in lava. There are still cows running around, which is kind of odd. There is only a small area in one section has inhabitants. The only way to see most of the island is by air. It really is a unique experience.

That sounds amazing! I just added that to the on-going notes/list I have for future cruises. :)

There is skydiving in Aruba, google Skydive Aruba to find them or a YouTube video that shows the whole experience. I've done a few skydives myself and I prefer to fly near the mountains, I think it makes the flight up more interesting (although I'm sure the view of the Caribbean islands would also be great).

So I'd recommend taking the advice of "sun~" and "biker@sea" above and doing the flight to Montserrat. I'm sure you can find some spectacular places to skydive in Sweden or Norway... that way you can have both experiences :D

Thanks for the replays. We have two stops in Antigua and having a helicopter tour there would be nice, since we will be able to see the Island from the ground to.

We have been on Aruba (got engaged there in December :) ) and I'm not sure that Island is the best to sky dive over, since the Island doesn't offer that much vegitation.

• 2 months later...
Where would you take an helicopter tour and why? We were thinking that St. Lucia might be a nice Island for that ?

We have never sky dived but if we were to sky dive we would like a fantastic view and could it be any better then the caribbean? :D

The same goes for this; Where would you sky dive and why?

Seems to me you could do both at the same time.

I don't know if you need other suggestions, but just in case:

St. Maarten (we rented a car and drove around the island, very good roads and spectacular scenery)

Barbados (we played golf there)

Grenada (we went on a catamaran which was fantastic too)

Cashew14: Thanks for your reply. How did you book your tour? How many were you on the tour? I think that you need to be at least four and we are only two.

Do you remember the name of the tour operator?

A bout the other suggestions, thanks!

Company is St Lucia helicopters. Go on their website and book from there, but we also had email exchanges. We were only 2 people at the time of booking and when we arrived there, there was another couple. :)