Nature Isle Explorers Tours

pauldevon

We'll be there on the Emerald in December and I'm so happy to hear about everyone's experiences w/ NIE. I'm booked for the Dominica Jewel tour that's been described here. It sounds like exactly what I've wanted to see while we're there, a great combo of hiking to waterfalls and snorkeling! Thanks for posting the pics also!

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the Jewel Tour for this coming January, through the website. Sent me to the paypal for deposit, and I did this. Have not

received anything from Nature Island Tours yet. My husband says maybe

they are on vacation. It has been over a week.

I sent e-mails to all the e-mail addresses I have for them and heard nothing. Anyone hear from them recently?

They were very prompt last year when I booked. Makes me a little nervous.

I booked the Jewel Tour for this coming January, through the website. Sent me to the paypal for deposit, and I did this. Have not

received anything from Nature Island Tours yet. My husband says maybe

they are on vacation. It has been over a week.

I sent e-mails to all the e-mail addresses I have for them and heard nothing. Anyone hear from them recently?

They were very prompt last year when I booked. Makes me a little nervous.

Need to update my own post. Right after I wrote, I noticed another e-mail on the paypal receipt, and I sent my request for information to that. He was quick to respond to that one, so I feel much better now. Excited for next January and the Jewel Tour!

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be there on the Emerald in December and I'm so happy to hear about everyone's experiences w/ NIE. I'm booked for the Dominica Jewel tour that's been described here. It sounds like exactly what I've wanted to see while we're there, a great combo of hiking to waterfalls and snorkeling! Thanks for posting the pics also!

We have just booked the Dominica Jewel Tour with them for our visit in October base on the excellent reviews here and on the TripAdvisor, and looking forward in having a blast like everyone else.

Cruisingellen-

You will be very satisfied with NIE. I highly recommend that you find 4 more people and do a custom tour. We had 6 and the cost per person was essentially the same for a custom tour as for a group "canned" tour. Since the 4 men were all 6'4" and up, we appreciated having a 12 pax van with only 6 people in it. Donaldson took us to Soufriere and beyond and we spent more time at the hot springs below the falls and at Champaign Beach. It was a top notch excursion for a price that was cheaper than what you would pay through the cruise line. (One of our group is an NBA Hof member who won 10 NBA Championships with the Celtics. He has hosted over 100 celebrity cruises and he doesn't go on excursions-but he did this one and had a great time.) Enjoy.

• 1 month later...

We visited Dominica last year and did a ship tour, but this year December we will be using Nature Isle Explorers as they are the most recommended tour company for Dominica,

Cruisingellen-

You will be very satisfied with NIE. I highly recommend that you find 4 more people and do a custom tour. We had 6 and the cost per person was essentially the same for a custom tour as for a group "canned" tour. Since the 4 men were all 6'4" and up, we appreciated having a 12 pax van with only 6 people in it. Donaldson took us to Soufriere and beyond and we spent more time at the hot springs below the falls and at Champaign Beach. It was a top notch excursion for a price that was cheaper than what you would pay through the cruise line. (One of our group is an NBA Hof member who won 10 NBA Championships with the Celtics. He has hosted over 100 celebrity cruises and he doesn't go on excursions-but he did this one and had a great time.) Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...

We found this company with a search of the web. So far we are very impressed and we have booked an excursion with them on the Carnival Conquest stop in November of 2013.

They are very prompt at replying. They require only a minimal deposit, and then the balance is due ONLY AFTER the tour is complete.

Wish this company had an office everywhere we are stopping, I'd book all of

my excursions with them.

About 1/2 price of what Carnival charges for their identical excursion.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually I initiate a contact with some questions before booking, but based on reviews, I just went ahead and booked. Got my paypal receipt for my deposit, but nothing else. Have sent 3 emails to the various addresses and no response yet. Will give it another few days and then I guess I will have to make an expensive phone call.

Need to update my own post. Right after I wrote, I noticed another e-mail on the paypal receipt, and I sent my request for information to that. He was quick to respond to that one, so I feel much better now. Excited for next January and the Jewel Tour!

berkyvdr: I had this trouble too until I sent an e-mail to the one that was listed on the pay pal receipt. Don't think e-mail is his priority, but we had such a wonderful tour last year, I am excited to do another.

Phew, I sent two emails today (there seem to be an umber of email addresses to use) and finally got a pretty prompt response from Donaldson with all the details I needed.

Anyone else wish to join us? We are booked with Nature Isle for the Jewel Tour in Dominica on the 24th of February, leaving around 930 in the morning.

A relief to get that settled, now I can work on the other islands, where I am also waiting for replies.

Phew, I sent two emails today (there seem to be an umber of email addresses to use) and finally got a pretty prompt response from Donaldson with all the details I needed.

Anyone else wish to join us? We are booked with Nature Isle for the Jewel Tour in Dominica on the 24th of February, leaving around 930 in the morning.

A relief to get that settled, now I can work on the other islands, where I am also waiting for replies.

What was the email addy that finally worked for contact?

• 2 weeks later...

We had our best excursion ever, with Natural Isle Explorers in Dominica.

We took the Jewel Tour with them. (our guide was Marvin, but they all seemed great when we got to meet them).

Everything was as promised. Prompt, courteous, fun guides.

A simply amazing tour of some of the highlights on Dominica.

Very reasonably priced, requiring only a small deposit.

We got a good amount of time at each stop, and they had a cooler full of beer, water, and they quite simply took extremely good care of all of us on

the tour.

Great air conditioned vans too.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked the Jewel Tour for Feb 19, 2014. As or yesterday, they still have room for this tour, so anyone interested should contact them via their website.

We are looking forward to this tour do to all the great reviews we see on this forum and also on Trip Advisor.

They have been responsive to my emails and questions.

• 4 weeks later...
We had our best excursion ever, with Natural Isle Explorers in Dominica.

We took the Jewel Tour with them. (our guide was Marvin, but they all seemed great when we got to meet them).

Everything was as promised. Prompt, courteous, fun guides.

A simply amazing tour of some of the highlights on Dominica.

Very reasonably priced, requiring only a small deposit.

We got a good amount of time at each stop, and they had a cooler full of beer, water, and they quite simply took extremely good care of all of us on

the tour.

Great air conditioned vans too.

Would you mind sharing what the price of the tour was? We are considering booking it for our April cruise. If we are two couples, do you think we would be the only ones on the tour or that they would group us with others? Don't mind either way.

• 4 weeks later...
Would you mind sharing what the price of the tour was? We are considering booking it for our April cruise. If we are two couples, do you think we would be the only ones on the tour or that they would group us with others? Don't mind either way.

The price of the Dominica Jewel tour was $45, Their website is http://www.nietours.com .This was the best excursion on our Caribbean cruise, I highly recommend Nature Isle Explorers

• 2 weeks later...
The price of the Dominica Jewel tour was $45, Their website is http://www.nietours.com .This was the best excursion on our Caribbean cruise, I highly recommend Nature Isle Explorers

We are interested in booking a tour with Nature Isle Explorers, but not sure which tour to book for our group, whether the Dominica Jewel tour or the Dominica Most Captivating Tour.

• 1 month later...

After using paypal for a deposit, Nature Isle explorers said it was not a deposit but was used for entrance charges. It up the price of the trip $10 each. I asked for a refund and he has ignored my emails. I have booked with Bumpingtours and I have been pleased.

• 1 month later...

This is our first post on Cruise Critic. We rely on Cruise Critic postings and feel compelled to share our experience with NIE so that others are made aware of this company's practices before sending them money.

The bottom-line: We booked the Jewel Tour with NIE; tour guide did not show up; uncomfortable and frightening experience at meeting point; no reply from NIE after repeated email inquiries. Simply put, NIE is not a reputable company. We made our decision based on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor reviews; we question whether the reviews are authentic.

Some more detail: On February 25, 2014 we placed a deposit on the Dominica Jewel Tour for April 10, 2014. We received an email confirmation from Donaldson Magloire of NIE on the same day. Upon arrival at the stipulated pick-up point and time, no one from the company showed up. (We did check our email to be certain we had not received a cancellation notification; there was not further communication from NIE of any kind.) Instead, when we arrived at the designated meeting point, we were consistently harassed by vendors saying they would call NIE for us. One handed us his cell phone saying that NIE was on the line; the person on the phone said that he was in an "important meeting" and could not pick us up, but that we should go with the guy who handed us the phone. (Hmmmmm....so, we should get in a car in a foreign country, with someone we don't know, who just handed us his phone with a guy at the other end saying he was from NIE..........) Needless to say, we got away as quickly as we could!

It is important to note that after returning from the cruise, we sent three emails to NIE (on April 15, April 21 and May 8) requesting a refund of the deposit we made on February 25. We received no reply from NIE.

The deposit (albeit small) was made using PayPal. We have filed a fraud report with them.

This is our first post on Cruise Critic. We rely on Cruise Critic postings and feel compelled to share our experience with NIE so that others are made aware of this company's practices before sending them money.

The bottom-line: We booked the Jewel Tour with NIE; tour guide did not show up; uncomfortable and frightening experience at meeting point; no reply from NIE after repeated email inquiries. Simply put, NIE is not a reputable company. We made our decision based on Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor reviews; we question whether the reviews are authentic.

Some more detail: On February 25, 2014 we placed a deposit on the Dominica Jewel Tour for April 10, 2014. We received an email confirmation from Donaldson Magloire of NIE on the same day. Upon arrival at the stipulated pick-up point and time, no one from the company showed up. (We did check our email to be certain we had not received a cancellation notification; there was not further communication from NIE of any kind.) Instead, when we arrived at the designated meeting point, we were consistently harassed by vendors saying they would call NIE for us. One handed us his cell phone saying that NIE was on the line; the person on the phone said that he was in an "important meeting" and could not pick us up, but that we should go with the guy who handed us the phone. (Hmmmmm....so, we should get in a car in a foreign country, with someone we don't know, who just handed us his phone with a guy at the other end saying he was from NIE..........) Needless to say, we got away as quickly as we could!

It is important to note that after returning from the cruise, we sent three emails to NIE (on April 15, April 21 and May 8) requesting a refund of the deposit we made on February 25. We received no reply from NIE.

The deposit (albeit small) was made using PayPal. We have filed a fraud report with them.

Hopefully PayPal will issue you a refund. Sorry that your first CC post had to be because of a bad experience. One way or another, Welcome!

Curious to hear of others experiences with this company.

• 4 months later...

I am sorry to hear about your experience, But we used them before and had an amazing tour in Dominica, and we are using NIE Tours again for our upcoming cruise visit to Dominica.

• 1 month later...