Help! I am having such problems with Woody...should I go or not?

lawgirl

We recently returned from our So Caribbean cruise with a stop in Dominica. I would like to add my experience with Woody's "Off the Beaten Path" tour. As a big pre-cruise researcher, I found information over a year ago on CC about this tour. Woody was a great correspondent through Facebook. There were 12 guests and 4 guides, including Woody. We made at least 5 stops: to waterfalls, a river, herb garden, hot springs and a beach. It was a bit chilly and windy riding in the back of the jeep:eek:, going up into the rainforest, but I guess that was part of the adventure. Our tour day turned out to be one of the best excursions we have done. Many thanks to Woody, Vivi, Tana, and Maclan for showing us their country.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

We'll since this is the good bad and ugly I will give my experience. I booked woody in March for our nov cruise. The price was going to be 125.00 each for wife and I and free for our 7 year old son since we where the only ones booked which I was happy to pay. The good I found it easy to work with him threw Facebook the times I contacted him he responded quickly. 40 days before the cruise I sent him an email just checking in. He contacted me back quickly and informed me that he added 14 people to our tour. He did offer to lower my rate to 80.00 dollars. I was kind of shocked but then asked if we would still be in his ranger rover and he informed me no we would be in a small bus and that his range rover was broken down. I then informed him that this was not what I signed up for and canceled my tour. He connected me back stated it was a busy port day and he had to take the extra people said he was sorry. I was really looking forward to the tour based on old reviews on here and trip advisor off the beaten path going to private locations. For me 17 people in a bus is not that. I am on the thanksgiving cruise so it might be a busy cruise but someone on the November 8th cruise said she had the same thing happen. I will say 17 people at 80 dollars is a hard thing to pass up I think there is a fine line were something goes from special to touristy were everyone hears about and wants to do it. I am glad I found out early to be able to change my plans instead of being shocked and mad when I got off the boat and saw a bus full people. Not saying 17 people can't be a great tour for some just not for me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums