Time to say "Thank You" to those who responded to my question

I wanted to know people's thoughts on an inside cabin. After all the input (which I am very grateful for), I decided to GO. Here are my FB posted thoughts on the trip:

Just got home Sunday from seven days at sea. I was on my own, and it felt incredible. Hardly any internet time, as it's costly at sea. We are all someone different (even if just a little) for everyone in our lives. Our relationships dictate the way we behave. Alone, we can just BE. I did what I pleased, asking no one's input. I felt so free and alive! Sitting on the breezy pool deck of the kid's H20 Zone play area, watching the tiny tots giggle as they ran through the water - heaven. Grabbing an ice cream cone whenever I felt like it. Eating when I wanted to--not at "meal time." (of course, I ate too much!) No worries at all. Meeting new people, enjoying fresh new conversations. Reading - a lot - OUTSIDE on the sunny, cool, pool deck with the sounds of laughter in the background. The inside cabin suited me just fine. I took the advice of some Cruise Critic posters and brought along some fake tea candles. OH, so cozy! I did not miss the balcony cabin at all! I used Deck 4 promenade for outside time, as well as time by the H20 Zone. Amazing. Now I'm missing it - falling back into everyday life, with all its responsibilities, worries, pain. We're not wealthy, so of course I can't LIVE on vacation, but I did learn why my neighbor, who lived in WI, but now bought a house down here, appreciates the time before her partner comes back down. Down here she's just Karen. She can just BE. No one to report to--doing as she pleases each day. All of the "stuff" left back in WI. Now I GET IT.

SO, yes, it was fabulous. YES, I had a grand time. And once again, YES, thank you for all your input, Cruise Critic members! :)

I don't believe I was one of the members who helped you but I really enjoyed reading your post.

Sometimes it is great to just get away all by yourself. It is very calming and you learn a lot about yourself.

Glad you had a great time and welcome back to the real world!

[quote name='GonnaSailtoo']. . . SO, yes, it was fabulous. YES, I had a grand time. And once again, YES, thank you for all your input, Cruise Critic members! :)[/QUOTE]

Glad you had a good time. Even though there are no chairs out there, hope you at least spent a little time out in the wind in the area around the MDR. Edited by mjldvlks

Thank you so much for sharing! I have really started considering taking my first solo cruise (I usually cruise with family or friends) and your description has just strengthened my desire to go solo sometime soon!!!

Now, I just need to find one of those incredible 125% single supplement deals....lol!

Melissa

And thanks to [I]you[/I] for sharing your relaxing solo cruise experience! So glad it went so well! I'd also recommend bringing your candles [I]next[/I] time- regardless of your accommodations. They add nice atmosphere in a balcony stateroom too, and a bit of safety if getting up during the night! ;)

[quote name='GonnaSailtoo']Just got home Sunday from seven days at sea. I was on my own, and it felt incredible. Now I GET IT.[/QUOTE]

Lol!!! This [B][U]is[/U][/B] exactly it. Congrats on your solo awakening. I love travelling solo on RCL too. Fellow cruisers have always been fantastic. Love meeting people and spending time my way without the daily grind pulling me in a million directions. You are now hooked!! Beware... many more bookings to come ;):D

Nice post :) I'm actually a person who thought they would NEVER cruise by themselves, but I was thinking when my husband ask what I want for Christmas (yes, christmas it comes around so quick) I might just say a cruise. I'm a mom to four kids and it's always go, go, go. Even the crazy cats come to ME for their food and whine whine whine! I get up at 5:30 am just to have my coffee before the kids get up. I'm Tired! so thinking of just sitting on my O.V. Balcony at sea sipping my morning coffee and then off for a jog and eating, going to shows, whatever I want to do just seems nice - again, thanks for the post :)

I'm glad that you enjoyed your solo cruise, and also that you found the interior to work well for you. Congratulations on joining the Interior Fans who would rather cruise more frequently and use public areas for enjoying the views...its nice to be able to look forward to your next adventure!