How soon can I use future cruise credits?

Ginnyfyr

We're on Infinity next week and plan to purchase future cruise credits early on in our trip. We're also toying with the idea of possibly booking our next cruise while on this one, so I'm wondering if we would be able to use those future cruise credits immediately or do they take some time to process?

We're on Infinity next week and plan to purchase future cruise credits early on in our trip. We're also toying with the idea of possibly booking our next cruise while on this one, so I'm wondering if we would be able to use those future cruise credits immediately or do they take some time to process?

We bought and used our FCC while onboard the Eclipse this past June. In fact they kinda want you to do that.

(FWIW we transferred the bookings to a online TA when we got home and the TA added even more goodies on top of what we got from "X")

Edited by A Sixth?

We bought and used our FCC while onboard the Eclipse this past June. In fact they kinda want you to do that.

(FWIW we transferred the bookings to a online TA when we got home and the TA added even more goodies on top of what we got from "X")

That is exactly what we plan to do! Excellent to know that it's possible. Thanks so much for your reply :D

Booking another cruise onboard is often (usually ?) the best deal that the cruise line will offer.

But do do your research / homework beforehand... Coming prepared to the Appointment with ideas, dates, prices you have found, perks offered etc, so you can compare and know for sure

One of the best perks for an onboard booking involves your Deposit & OBC, as well as the year round Evergreen 123Go Promo

See this Celebrity Announcement for more info on how those work on the Cruise Now (actual booking) Program vs the Cruise Later Program

http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

Couple of items of note:

1- as a Captain's Club Member you are typically entitled to the following 2 things on any Booking... Aboard or ashore*

(a) half price deposits

(b) complimentary 1 sub-category upgrade (ie book a C2 but pay a C3 rate)

* Note there are each case a few exceptions... Ie Suite Bookings, Group Bookings, Holidays. And for the upgrade, doesn't apply to a few levels (ie C2 to C1 or In Suites Class). Check the fine print on ANY OR ALL OFFERS cause there usually are some exceptions

2- have booked a Future Cruise but cannot go / need to change it ? Talk to a Celebrity Phone Rep... Try not to cancel (cause then you lose the perks you got via the Onboard Booking). Rather move the Booking Number to another cruise in the future.

3- deals are good... Few if any are perfect. So know what you have booked. If it is before Final Payment monitor things (I check prices & promos at least nice a week). Feel something better has come along... Call Celebrity to ask Questions and how it might effect your booking. DO NOT CANCEL / change unless you are sure you understand all the consequences... Cause a lower offered price could mean no attached perks (ie no OBC or Bevvy Pkg etc). Prices go up & down often to compensate for the perks you get... So know their worth (or worth to you)

4- and lastly. When you book onboard you have the right to decide how you wish to manage your booking... Be it one on one with Celebrity... Or thru a TA. You can decide on each & every booking (good to know if you don't want to use the same TA as before or shop around fr one). But you have to let Celebrity know so they can put a note on your file. You have 60 Days to make up your mind on this (or until Final Payment... Whichever comes first). Transferring to a TA is easy enough... Fill out a form fax / email it in.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

But you have to let Celebrity know so they can put a note on your file. You have 60 Days to make up your mind on this (or until Final Payment... Whichever comes first). Transferring to a TA is easy enough... Fill out a form fax / email it in.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

We just transferred it to the TA and they took care of informing Celebrity. No note in our file until the TA let them know about the transfer. The TA sent me an email attachment that needed to be printed and hand signed then sent back to the TA (digital type signature not good enough) but that was it.

Now that I think of it the being able to transfer the booking made on board to a TA was part of the sales pitch we got on the Eclipse. (BTW BEST future cruise staff and hours EVER!)

Edited by A Sixth?

Thank you all so much for sharing your expertise! My TA is aware that we might do this and has already given me some comparable pricing and her TA # to give the booking agent if we decide to take this route, but it's good to know that if I forget to bring her info with me, it can easily be transferred once we're back home. You guys are the best!

.... The TA sent me an email attachment that needed to be printed and hand signed then sent back to the TA (digital type signature not good enough) but that was it.
Do you know if this is a new requirement, or was it just a quirk of that particular TA?

Until now, transferring a booking to a TA has always been quick and easy as we simply fill out the transfer form online and emai it from any location; no printer required as we have never needed to bother printing it.

The last time we did one was only a few weeks ago, transferring a reservation to one of the major online travel agencies, and they never mentioned a word about the requirements changing.

We have never had Celebrity put a note in our file about it either (which someone else stated you have to do in one of the previous posts).

This thread is the only place I have ever heard of that, and we have been booking cruises onboard for years.

Edited by fleckle

Do you know if this is a new requirement, or was it just a quirk of that particular TA?

Until now, transferring a booking to a TA has always been quick and easy as we simply fill out the transfer form online and emai it from any location; no printer required as we have never needed to bother printing it.

The last time we did one was only a few weeks ago, transferring a reservation to one of the major online travel agencies, and they never mentioned a word about the requirements changing.

We have never had Celebrity put a note in our file about it either (which someone else stated you have to do in one of the previous posts).

This thread is the only place I have ever heard of that, and we have been booking cruises onboard for years.

Note on file...

Several Cruisers have said that they were disappointed when Future Cruise Reps went ahead and transferred the onboard Booking to a TA they had used in the past without telling the Pax / asking or consulting them (cases where Past TAs were disappointing... )

So... If you decide you don't want it automatically transferred to a Past TA... But prefer to look around for a TA Deal ( extra perks ) or just manage this particular Cruise Booking yourself you have to mention that to the Onboard Future Cruise Rep... DO NOT TRANFER WITHOUT TRANSFER FORM

Stories here where Cruisers ended having an auto transfer done to a less to stellar TA... Having said TA not want to give up the Booking (not surprising as they end up with a Sales Commission) and then Celebrity & Cruiser in an awkward position

Thankfully, these stories usually get sorted out... Pax files a complaint against the TA... And Celebrity takes over the booking... But then it is often past the 60 Day limit for moving to another TA... Not to mention all the unnecessary stress that came thru the situation

Cheers!