Increased Port Charges for September charter

spw1947

Azamara has done it again.

We have made our final payment on the charter and now have been advised that Azamara is seeking a further payment of approximately $275 AUD pp for increased port charges.

While the charter company is believed to be arguing about this, it is outrageous that this should be asked after final payment.

I am under the impression that the cruise down the eastern seaboard of the USA is not selling well, hence the discounts now being offered for UK and late booking guests, but there is no need to penalise and price gouge those who committed to this cruise many months ago.

The onboard experience has always made Azamara our favourite line but I am increasingly disgusted by the administration of the company.

Sue

Port taxes have always been separated from the cruise fare and are subject to change, as this is a charter I am presuming in the contract the charterers are responsible for all such charges. So it is up to the company who chartered the ship whether these charges are passed on not Azamara, it's the same thing with prices Azamara have no involvement in filling the ship.

In our experience most cruise lines faced with this situation would absorb the increase rather than upset passengers obviously the company who chartered the ship don't wish to do so.

Sent from my iPad using Forums