beer and drink prices on NCL?

Here's the bar menu from my January Gem cruise. The beers are listed on the last page. Keep in mind that the menu is not all-inclusive. I'm sure the bar can make all the standard mixed drinks that are not indicated on the menu and probably others if you can give them the recipe. Also, I'm sure that different ships have additional beers available other than the ones listed on the standard menu.

IMG_4109.jpgIMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4111.jpgIMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpgIMG_4114.jpg

Ther's usually drink specials various days during the cruise. On the Sun last month, they had a Mega Mary (double size Bloody Mary) for $6.25. That was only a buck more than the regular. Also, Margurita maddness is advertised usually during certain hours certain days....and similar offerings.

On our cruise to Alaska, they had Alaskan beer as well as some English Ales. DH asked the bartender about the selection and he told us that the ships usually carry some of the local beers (if available) and that they change some of their special beers out year to year. They always have the standards though

They also have a beer bucket - buy 5 beers and get the 6th for free. If you dont drink them all, you can take the rest to your room for later.

Thanks for posting that list.Not as expensive as I thought.

They have Dos Equiis so I'm good to go.

Thanks again

Bill

Don't forget to add the 15% gratuity on top of that price.

Thanks again

Bill

Note that the bar menu doesn't include tap beers. Those will vary from bar to bar and ship to ship. Usually some decent imports available there. A good value is the beer tasting, usually held once or twice during the cruise. You usually get five beers (about half glass) for $15 + gratuity. I've tried to convince a couple bartenders to hold a draft beer tasting, but no luck so far.

Was curious about this as well been about 18-months since our last NCL cruise...prices seem to be about the same though which is a huge bonus not bad at all!

Personally, I usually get the buckets of either Dos Equis or Corona Light, save when you buy / drink in bulk! :p

Happy cruising!

On our cruise to Alaska, they had Alaskan beer as well as some English Ales. DH asked the bartender about the selection and he told us that the ships usually carry some of the local beers (if available) and that they change some of their special beers out year to year. They always have the standards though

They also have a beer bucket - buy 5 beers and get the 6th for free. If you dont drink them all, you can take the rest to your room for later.

Can we mix and match the bucket of beer?

It is too bad we can't bring specialty beer singular bottles and be charged a corkage fee like wine.

I am glad to hear they have some local and specialty beers.

Can we mix and match the bucket of beer?

It is too bad we can't bring specialty beer singular bottles and be charged a corkage fee like wine.

I am glad to hear they have some local and specialty beers.

Yes. You can mix them up. However, if you add some more expensive beers in the mix, the free one is computed at the cheapest price in the bucket.

We were on the Gem in early February and noticed that not all bars carried all beers. Hubby quickly fiigured out which ones had Molson Canadian.

The bar at the Orchid Garden also had Sapparo which they didn't sell anywhere else on the ship. They may have had other Japanese beers but I didn't pay close attention.

We were on the Gem in early February and noticed that not all bars carried all beers. Hubby quickly fiigured out which ones had Molson Canadian.

The bar at the Orchid Garden also had Sapparo which they didn't sell anywhere else on the ship. They may have had other Japanese beers but I didn't pay close attention.

Sapparo....hot sake.....raw fish....I may never leave!

Side note on the beer. On my last 2 cruises the beer was NEVER COLD. the only way to get cold beer was to order a bucket and let it sit for 15 min. before you had the first one. Sometimes when I didn't want a full bucket I would find someone who was drinking the same beer and offer to split a bucket. Most times that just turned into a buy back session, a new friend, and a pissed off wife.

Thanks again

Bill

Hi Bill, Steve and I usually do the buckets. You can mix beers if you like and it saves money. I like Dos Equis and Steve usually picks something else. By the way, how are you getting to the port?

Hi Bill, Steve and I usually do the buckets. You can mix beers if you like and it saves money. I like Dos Equis and Steve usually picks something else. By the way, how are you getting to the port?

Hi scrinchy,

Long time no talk.

We will be driving up and parking up there for the week.

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

A few years ago on the Dawn, we found blueberry beer at the pub. Since the ship stopped at Bar Harbor on the way down to NY, we were intrigued and had to have it. Quite good, dry, not at all too sweet. The best part was the man sitting at the bar to our left. Bartender introduced him to us as the owner of the company that made the blueberry beer. Good thing we liked it! He was on his way down to NYC on a selling trip, to convince local restaurants to carry it. Lost track of him, but hope he's still making that beer!