Disney Magic 3/15 - First time cruiser questions

gertiemia

Hello,

I am taking the 4 night out of Galveston on Magic with my family, including my 3 and 5yo girls. I am trying to sort out some of the logistics in my head. During the day, what do you carry around with you. I am envisioning something to put sunglasses, water/drink cups, sunscreen. Do people generally carry around a bag/purse?

I am trying also to figure out what we will be wearing most of the time. Do most people spend most time in a bathing suit/cover up while walking around?

Also, any recommendations on an excursion? Due to their ages, I think we are sort of limited to a beach break type thing. I am looking around at other options (not through the cruise line) but it is hard to really get an idea of whether they are worth the $$.

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions - I am having trouble wrapping my head around the logistics of this all as I have never cruised!

Hello,

I am taking the 4 night out of Galveston on Magic with my family, including my 3 and 5yo girls. I am trying to sort out some of the logistics in my head. During the day, what do you carry around with you. I am envisioning something to put sunglasses, water/drink cups, sunscreen. Do people generally carry around a bag/purse?

I am trying also to figure out what we will be wearing most of the time. Do most people spend most time in a bathing suit/cover up while walking around?

Also, any recommendations on an excursion? Due to their ages, I think we are sort of limited to a beach break type thing. I am looking around at other options (not through the cruise line) but it is hard to really get an idea of whether they are worth the $$.

Thanks and sorry for the dumb questions - I am having trouble wrapping my head around the logistics of this all as I have never cruised!

most wear lanyards around their neck that holds your room key card so they dont loose it. Rarely do you see a bag used on board. when you do its usually people with little kids who need like a diaper bag. Drinks are right there on the pool deck so most just grab a cup while on deck,drink it and throw away the cup or set by lounge chair.

Pool towels are located around the pool areas in wooden cupbards so people just grab those to use when needed.

No need to carry snacks for anybody because food is all around you on the outside decks accept deck 4. most go back to the room to change clothes, not the bathrooms , so no real need for a bag.

The ship is cashless so as long as you have your room card your all set.

As far as what to wear thats up to you. You do see many wearing swim suit with and without cover ups around the pool. Shorts, tank tops, jeans just what ever your comfortable with.

Everyone over packs on their first cruise. I usually tell people ot lay out all their clothes on the bed that they are taking. Put back half of them and then pack.;)

Its very casual on board.

Sorry I dont know about excursions. Which ports are you stopping at?

Now when people do excursion you often see the beach bags or back packs come out.

Hello,

As the mom of a toddler I am hardly without a bag. I use a small backpack everyday and will have it on the cruise too. However, I am going to try my best on our cruise next week to leave it in the cabin as often as possible! With the cabin always only a few minutes walk away I feel that I should be able to go without on sea days.

Like pp, we use lanyards to carry our cards around the ship. We also just wear whatever we're most comfortable wearing in public during the day. For some, that's bathing suits. For us, that shirts and shorts.

In port, I definitely carry my pack. I carry water and prepackaged snacks (granola bars, etc) for DD, towels if we need them, etc.

We are going to Cozumel for the first time and decided to go to one of the Beach Clubs. We will take a taxi and we pre booked Mr Sanchos all inclusive. DD is almost 2, so we are limited. I ALMOST picked Chankanaab. You may want to look into that. It is beachy, but also has snorkeling, sea lions, dolphins... More than just beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chankanaab is great! We did the dolphin encounter in December, but this time we're just doing the beach and shows because we'll have a 4-yr old with us. We had a blast snorkeling, and the beach is sort of like a big pool with a sandy bottom. Snorkeling can be done there or past some rocks that separate the "pool" area from the real snorkeling. Great place, and just a short cab ride from the dock. They have discount coupons on line, in case that's what you decide to do.

Have fun!!

Archived