Port Everglades Disembarkation 11:20 Flight out of MIA

coreyann

Yes, you could make it.

However it is too close for my comfort. And that is even before I know how many ships are in port, the date and your supposed arrival time. You'd need to have everything go right to make it comfortably. I'd be too worried all the night before to make it a worthwhile attempt. Noon or later is good. Gives you some built in delay time.

Remember if in peak season, flights book up. So if you miss this flight, chances of finding seats on a later flight aren't too great.

It is extremely tight but someone who has done so will likely be chiming in shortly.

The devil is in the details:

Time of year? Holiday weekend?

Domestic flight? Checking bags? Seats selected in advance so you can run straight to the gate?

And which cruise line and ship? The Allure or Harmony are well known to start disembarkation by 6:30. But if you are on a different RCI or X ship you may be at Berth 29 rather than Berth 18 or 25. Much more difficult access for Uber/Lyft/taxi to pick you up and then wind their way out of the port.

If you are on a Princess ship they frequently do not start even walk-off until 8:00. No chance there.

And to drag out a hoary cliche: how much of a worrier are you? Will the entire evening before and morning of disembarkation be consumed with thinking "am I gonna make my flight?". Or are you a 100% go-with-the-flow person who, if you don't make your flight, will just shrug and camp out at MIA until the next one without a second thought? As someone in the middle there is no way I would book such a flight before 12:30.

For an 11:20 flight you need to be at MIA by 9:50 - before 9:30 would be better as the TSA lines are usually a mess. :eek:

Figure on an hour for the ride from PE to MIA; that means off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration before 8:30. Arrange for private transport to be waiting or pay $80+ for the first cab in line.

If you carry your bags off, and if the ship is on time, and if there are no delays, and if the traffic cooperates you could make it. Too many "ifs" for me -- I would book something from FLL or leaving MIA after 12:30

Your call. Good luck! ;)

Thanks everyone for your responses! We are on the Allure on May 28th. I think there was a 1:45 flight also, but it's twice as much. I'm also a diamond member... Not sure if that helps on disembarkation. I'm still on the fence! But need to decide tonight! Thanks!!:D

That's really close. I hate worrying about getting off the ship early, but if you can be in a cab/car by 8:30-8:45am it should be fine. An Uber is risky, last time I requested an Uber at Port Everglades took the guy 20mins to get to pick me up.