Freeport snorkeling? Hurricane damage?

A&Jfamily

I am looking at a lot of Carnival excursion reviews (just for ideas) and I am reading that a lot of people have had issues with snorkeling - either excursions cancelled or poor quality.

We are a couple in our 40's, have both been to Freeport before, and don't just want to take a cab to the beach. We like to be outside and love snorkeling so I was considering Calabash Eco and Pat and Diane as options, but most seem to involve ocean snorkeling.

Can someone tell me what the snorkeling conditions are like? Would we be better doing the Blue Hole excursion, or a kayak adventure?

I contacted Pat and Diane and was informed that they has stopped doing snorkeling as the damage has effected the snorkeling as well as more than half the resorts are still rebuilding. I was disappointed to hear that. Now trying to figure out what to do.

I hate that Pat & Diane had to suspend some snorkeling trips due to the damage. I have been following their FB page, and they are opening tours for specific dates when they have a large (20+) party book the excursion.

We are planning to go to Deadman's Reef in June also.

Boston Mom,

I have no idea when Pate and Diane will reopen. It is all so very sad. We were there last May and again in October. The damage was horrible. It is my understanding that most of the resorts are only half opened. All very sad. I think we are going to Deadman's Reef. The review are good.

• 4 weeks later...

i just came back. we did the shore snorkle and beach excursion through carnival which brings you to deadmans reef. they only gave us 45 minutes of snorkeling. if we had booked through deadmansreef.com we most likely would have been able to snorkel longer. we only saw fish. i did see a turtle at a distance in murky water. they also said there werenurse sharks but i didnt see them.