What to bring for a balcony?

racnwdow

What are some extra things you bring when you have a balcony? We got a upgrade and hadn't planned on the balcony.

I already put in a couple bottles of wine, since we can set on the deck to watch sail away. No reason to go out looking for a drink when we can already have it in our room.

Not sure what else would make sense to bring, that we just don't know about.

We have used a hammock on our last 3 cruises. But they have been on js and grand suites. We bring wine, books and small tea battery lights. You'll love a balcony! Order breakfast each day and enjoy your coffee and pastries while enjoying the quiet morning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not necessarily for the balcony but we bring oversized clothes pins that we use for towels on the chairs. Dollar tree has packages that are big and perfectly shaped for the tubes on the lounge chairs (a lot cheaper than the flamingo/parrot ones and we don't care if we lose any on the beach). We also use them to put our wet clothes on the chairs on our balcony to dry after an excursion. Other than that I can only think of more smaller bills for room service tips if you are going to order room service for breakfast on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Most of my suggestions are already covered here:

- $$ for tipping room service do you can enjoy morning coffee or late night munchies

- battery operated tea lights (for balcony and bathroom!)

- chair clips/clothes pins (but don't leave things unattended on the balcony). - we also use these to keep the drapes closed!! The slider can let in ALOT of light!

LOVE the beachball footstool idea!! I'm doing that on my next cruise!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Similar to the tea lights, but we bring LED wax look-a-like candles. I also bring a small (Very small) Bluetooth speaker. Use it mostly in the room, but have also brought it out on the balcony during the day, when neighbors aren't out on theirs. Have never brought a hammock, but I got one ready for our next cruise.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Similar to the tea lights, but we bring LED wax look-a-like candles. I also bring a small (Very small) Bluetooth speaker. Use it mostly in the room, but have also brought it out on the balcony during the day, when neighbors aren't out on theirs. Have never brought a hammock, but I got one ready for our next cruise.

dp

Please be considerate and don't use speakers on the balcony Noise travels. There is no way to know if the folks two doors down are on their balcony.

Thanks, M

Binoculars are a must along with a camera...The things you see at sea are amazing. We once saw a toilet seat floating by in the middle of the ocean...We are still wondering the story behind that one

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Had to laugh...good choice of word (in red). :p

Gwen :)

What are some extra things you bring when you have a balcony? We got a upgrade and hadn't planned on the balcony.

I already put in a couple bottles of wine, since we can set on the deck to watch sail away. No reason to go out looking for a drink when we can already have it in our room.

Not sure what else would make sense to bring, that we just don't know about.

Binoculars, camera and our intent to relax and enjoy every second. Have a wonderful time. . . no need to pack anything extra.

I took BT speakers the last Allure trip and used them on the balcony. I was able to stream Sirius using WiFi.

Hammock idea I have seen suggested by many people, but I am not sure on a regular balcony it's workable.

Never took tea lights, but might have to do that next time.

Binoculars are a must along with a camera...The things you see at sea are amazing. We once saw a toilet seat floating by in the middle of the ocean...We are still wondering the story behind that one

Sent from Psycho's iPad using Forums

Too many beans for someone? [emoji100]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How do you hang a hammock? We are on one of the larger balconies on deck 7 of the Jewel.

A hammock sounds great.

This was from freedom class. I brought a pair of "C" clamps. On Oasis class there were spots to tie off without the need for clamps.

imagejpg5_zps624daaea.jpg

From Oasis class

image_zpsimyh1twe.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach