Question about loyalty levels.

Cruising in May aboard the Harmony. We will become platinum with these points. Is it possible to get the benefits from being platinum members if booking another cruise while onboard? We would like to book another Med. cruise while on Harmony but will wait until we are done to get the most discount.

Thank you!

points are not awarded until after the cruise is completed. however, they may be able to note in the reservation that the balcony discount is to be applied.

that being said, be careful that it will actually benefit you. more than once we have found that our bottom line is better without using our balcony discount and just going with whatever current sale is going on.

While as you know you won´t get any Platinum benefits on this cruise, however often they grant you the higher perks for the onboard booking already.

Just ask the Future cruise Consultant about it. If they do it book it, if not wait.

We will be turning diamond plus this year , planning on talking to them on my cruise, since I rather book earlier

We will be turning diamond plus this year , planning on talking to them on my cruise, since I rather book earlier

If you know what cruises you are interested in you are better off by booking when the itineraries are released instead of waiting until you sail or turn D+.

It's only an extra $25 in balcony discount and the OBC that you gain may be quickly eaten up by price increases that happen from the time that the itineraries are released until the time that you sail.

If the prices stay the same then you can always cancel and rebook on board getting the OBC and the increased balcony discount.

Whether they give you your future balcony discount or not book as early as you can and take advantage of a possibly lower fare. After you get your new balcony discount, as long as you are not past final payment call C&A they will rerun your booking and see if you can get a lower fare with your new discount, if you can they will redo it. As previous poster said sometimes while waiting for the discount to be effective the cruise fare may go up in price greater than the discount. Always book as early as you can as they will give you the lower fare if it comes down before final payment. You do lose OBC that was part of your booking bonus if you rebook at a lower fare so make sure your savings is greater than promotional OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you know what cruises you are interested in you are better off by booking when the itineraries are released instead of waiting until you sail or turn D+.

It's only an extra $25 in balcony discount and the OBC that you gain may be quickly eaten up by price increases that happen from the time that the itineraries are released until the time that you sail.

If the prices stay the same then you can always cancel and rebook on board getting the OBC and the increased balcony discount.

We book GS which is 200 or 300 depending if we do 7 or 9 days

We book GS which is 200 or 300 depending if we do 7 or 9 days

Still worth booking early though. The price could easily go up by $100 -$150 per person before you sail. If it doesn't then cancel and rebook for the OBC. You really have nothing to lose and savings to gain by booking early.

Cruising in May aboard the Harmony. We will become platinum with these points. Is it possible to get the benefits from being platinum members if booking another cruise while onboard? We would like to book another Med. cruise while on Harmony but will wait until we are done to get the most discount.

Thank you!

We earned the points required for next level twice on cruises and although we would not gain next level, next cruise gave us the appropriate discount for the next level.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate you all more than you know! I love having a place to go to ask questions of real experts.

We will book as soon as we see the Med. itineraries released. Any guesses from you all about when to expect them for Sept 2018, out of Venice or Rome?

Thank you everyone! I appreciate you all more than you know! I love having a place to go to ask questions of real experts.

We will book as soon as we see the Med. itineraries released. Any guesses from you all about when to expect them for Sept 2018, out of Venice or Rome?

March/April 2017.