Hyatt Place with Value Trips

apesusi

You have to pay tax on the price they show. Their price of $179.00 plus tax is $198.69.

nat, how long did it take till you heard back on your reservation?? I have never used value trips before. Kinda different that you don't get confirmation right away. It has been over 24 hrs. Thought I would hear by now

I also used Value Trips and I did not hear from them for at least 4 days. I called them but no one ever answered, then sent e-mail and I finally got a confirmation from them. I was getting worried.

I'm worried because when I tried to book online there was only 1 room left at the time I need to go. I tried emailing them yesterday after sending in my reservation form, and still haven't heard. I hope I didn't miss the room because I went with them. I guess I didn't understand that it wasn't a booking right then....

Hi all,

I'm assuming the $179 rate is because you are booking during that particular time frame. Here are the different date ranges and rates from their site:

Valid Dates | Reg. Rate | Value Rate

Jan 1, 2014 - Mar 31, 2014 | $259.00 | $179

Apr 1, 2014 - Sept 30, 2014 | $179.00 | $99

Oct 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014 | $209.00 | $129

We are booking for May and confirmed at the $99 rate.

A few things to note:

1. The email confirmation may take 4 or 5 days. We booked on a Tuesday; did not receive the email confirmation until that Saturday.

2. As mentioned, they do not respond to messages left on their phone. Tried that - zero response.

3. The confirmation is NOT with ValueTrips - once confirmed, it is a real confirmation with Hyatt. You can go onto Hyatt.com, view the reservation number and can see the details and lowered rate. If you need to change dates or cancel, you do it through Hyatt - NOT ValueTrips.

4. The shuttle to the port costs, so you may want to grab a taxi. My understanding is it's not too much more expensive AND you get there when you want to, not on the Shuttle's schedule.

This will be our first visit there, but our friends have stayed there many times before cruises and highly recommend. Have fun!

Hi all,

I'm assuming the $179 rate is because you are booking during that particular time frame. Here are the different date ranges and rates from their site:

Valid Dates| Reg. Rate | Value Rate

Jan 1, 2014 - Mar 31, 2014 |$259.00 | $179

Apr 1, 2014 - Sept 30, 2014 | $179.00 | $99

Oct 1, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014 | $209.00 | $129

We are booking for May and confirmed at the $99 rate.

I requested a reservation on Friday, Jan 10 & got confirmation on Monday, Jan 13. We are also booked in May for $99.

I'm on day 4 with no response. I have even sent an email in. Hopefully I'll hear tomorrow since it's a weekend....

Maybe you could try contacting Hyatt Place directly, and see if you have a reservation, if you don't want to wait any longer to hear from Value Trip.

I'm on day 4 with no response. I have even sent an email in. Hopefully I'll hear tomorrow since it's a weekend....

Maybe you could try contacting Hyatt Place directly, and see if you have a reservation, if you don't want to wait any longer to hear from Value Trip.

My request was made on Tuesday and I haven't heard either. I also sent an email. If I don't hear tomorrow I will try calling Hyatt Place and see what they say.

This reservation is for post cruise. Was also thinking of going there pre cruise, but I hope it doesn't always take so long.

Just an FYI, if the price is posted on the site, and the price on the Hyatt site is more, you can call Hyatt and they will match the price being offered by a discounter. That way, you know you have the room.

thanks for the tip. Will be doing some calling to the Hyatt house directly tomorrow. Always like a bargain, but prefer working direct.

Just an FYI, if the price is posted on the site, and the price on the Hyatt site is more, you can call Hyatt and they will match the price being offered by a discounter. That way, you know you have the room.

Just off the phone with Hyatt House. They do not have my reservation that I made thru Value Trips last tuesday.

I also asked about honoring the price being offered thru Value trips and they will not honor it. The price on Value trips is $99 per night and thru the hotel directly it is $179 for the post cruise night and $199 for the pre cruise night.

Guess I will wait on Value trips a little longer

First, make sure you are calling the right Hyatt. There are two. The one you want is Hyatt PLACE, 17th street. As with all 2nd party reservations, always call the hotel to confirm your reservation after it is made. We have used Value Trips multiple times without a hitch and I always call the hotel after the confirmation from Value Trips to confirm with the hotel itself. :)

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Edited by janetz

First, make sure you are calling the right Hyatt. There are two. The one you want is Hyatt PLACE, 17th street. As with all 2nd party reservations, always call the hotel to confirm your reservation after it is made. We have used Value Trips multiple times without a hitch and I always call the hotel after the confirmation from Value Trips to confirm with the hotel itself. :)

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

You can also check it online once you have your reservation number. I tried calling the hotel direct from Canada, and got put instantly on hold and stayed there till I hung up 14 minutes later.:(

I tried this...after being on hold for about 10 minutes she said they couldnt match that price because it wasnt "confirmed"

However I requested the rate over a week ago and JUST now got an email back with confirmation they apologized for the delay ..system problems....Ive already booked another hotel with another fantastic price.. now i have to decide between the 2...

Right, ValueTrips does not book anyone at Hyatt House or at the Hyatt Place in Dania Beach!:eek:

;) I am thinking someone called the wrong Hyatt.

OK, I got my confirmation last night. I am all booked and ready to go.

I am not sure how many Hyatts there are or which ones some of you are referencing. However, I booked thru Value trips, for $99 for the night of April 7th, 2014. The Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center

1851 SE Tenth Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316.

As for calling the right Hyatt. That is kinda confusing. I called directly to the Hyatt Place convention center. However, depending on the number you push, you get transferred to a central reservations for all of Hyatt. I had to try several times before I was able to stay connected with the actual hotel. However I did finally talk to someone and confirmed my reservation and my rate.

I am very happy with my hotel and the rate I got. The website is showing $179. My only disappointment comes in the fact that I waited to long to book it for pre cruise and now they are sold out. Guess you snooze you loose!!

Good luck to all others.

I placed my reservation request for Hyatt Place on Valutrips on 1/21/14, and they responded on 1/27/14. Most websites showed it sold out, but they confirmed my reservation, and the Hyatt website shows it as well. They must have a certain # of rooms allotted to be reserved from outside vendors...because Hyatt.com said the hotel was booked that day.

Also, I am sure I overlooked it somewhere....but they charged me $119, not $99. I am assuming it is because we have 4 people booked for the room, not 2. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

I placed my reservation request for Hyatt Place on Valutrips on 1/21/14, and they responded on 1/27/14. Most websites showed it sold out, but they confirmed my reservation, and the Hyatt website shows it as well. They must have a certain # of rooms allotted to be reserved from outside vendors...because Hyatt.com said the hotel was booked that day.

Also, I am sure I overlooked it somewhere....but they charged me $119, not $99. I am assuming it is because we have 4 people booked for the room, not 2. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.

What date you looking at? I know the rate on their site varied a little bit according to the time of year. I am looking at April. Don't know if they charge extra for extra people.

What date you looking at? I know the rate on their site varied a little bit according to the time of year. I am looking at April. Don't know if they charge extra for extra people.

It was for April 12th-13th. I looked at ValueTrips.com and it clearly says $10 more per person over 2. Still a great deal.