Princess adds new tier - Medallion

icat2000

I have just used the search engine to look for this as I had just noticed it on my cruise personlizer - are they changing the tiers? On my princess it still says Gold so maybe its a glitch?

It shows Gold for my next cruise. But the ones after say Medallion. Those ones after is were I would be for Plantium level. Maybe they putting a new tier in??

Very strange. On personalizer I am listed as gold, but for our next cruise in November, both my DH and I are listed as Medallion. I only have 3 previous cruises and this will be DH 2nd cruise. If it is a new level, it does not take much to get there, unless they are raising the bar for gold.

I notice everyone posting so far is outside the US. Maybe this is a new UK and Australia level???

Very strange. On personalizer I am listed as gold, but for our next cruise in November, both my DH and I are listed as Medallion. I only have 3 previous cruises and this will be DH 2nd cruise. If it is a new level, it does not take much to get there, unless they are raising the bar for gold.

I notice everyone posting so far is outside the US. Maybe this is a new UK and Australia level???

Hope not - everyone should be treated the same way.

We are going away at the end of May and my travelling companion is showing Gold (2nd cruise) and I am still showing Platinum (14 cruises). Maybe its a tier between those two?

I was wondering what Medallion was as well! I will be elite after my next sailing (in 27 days) :) but was looking at future cruises booked and my daughter is listed as Medallion on our cruise next Feb. She's been on 3 previous Princess cruises...never heard of Medallion before!

My next cruise will be my 4th on princess and states medallion. Not being rude but I am not asking if your status still says elite etc I am only interested about those that say medallion and what number of cruises they have been on.

My next cruise will be my 4th on princess and states medallion. Not being rude but I am not asking if your status still says elite etc I am only interested about those that say medallion and what number of cruises they have been on.

Wendy G sorry just read your post and this is no way directed to you :)

We are going away at the end of May and my travelling companion is showing Gold (2nd cruise) and I am still showing Platinum (14 cruises). Maybe its a tier between those two?

Interesting as it seems from the few answers that it is 3+ cruises that is showing medallion.

Don't quote me I think it reflects that you are on your way to the next level.

Makes some sense but it has never shown this before today and I am quite sad and have checked my personlizer practically everyday since booking a year ago :)

Very interesting! We are going on our 7th Princess cruise and my personalizer shows Platinum... As it should. Maybe the Medallion status is another tier added between the third and fifth cruise? Does not make much sense though... You would think that Princess wouid be adding a new tier to the elite level...

Anyone else think that this could be a glitch in the system and the default for the field is "Medallion"? Does Princess refer to the color tiers as medallions? Has anyone posted the question on the Princess FB page as to the meaning? I'm hesitant to do so since I don't see it.

Last night they were doing "maintenance" on their site & wonder if they created some problems instead. Their site show no changes to Captain's Circles levels. I would think if levels were truly changing they would have a news release about it.

I guess only time will tell if a mistake was made or if they accidentally made some changes before publicly announcing them. :confused:

Just noticed that while composing my reply Pam mentioned that it's possibly a glitch in their system which I agree is the probable cause.

Just got off the phone with Princess.

1 Blue

2 Gold

3-4 Medallion

5-14 Plat.

15+ Elite

After Pams suggestion I had just posted on the Facebook site but thanks for letting us know :)

Any idea WHY?? It seems a strange extra tier to put in, you would've thought that they would have put in a super elite.

I just got off the phone with Princess. They added a new tier to their Captain's Circle:

1 - Blue

2 - Gold

3-4 Medallion

5-14 Platinum

15+ Elite

Not sure what this means. That's what the rep told me.:confused:

Strange that they would do that

So what does Medallion get me? I'll be taking my 5th Princess cruise this summer, and Gold doesn't really get me much, except an invite to a party with watered down cocktails. Wondering if I can expect anything more/less with this new category. Just checked my personalizer and I do show up as Medallion now, but when I look at the member benefits page, it's not listed yet.

Next year, Platinum!

Archived