Hotel Albergo Cesari or Hotel Campo de Fiori

Meemster

We stayed at the Albergo Cesari a couple weeks ago before our cruise. We stayed in a standard double room and it was small but adequate as my wife puts it. Judging from a comparison of both websites, a better comparison is probably the Albergo Cesari Classic Double Bed room with the Hotel Campo de Fiori. That being said, we enjoyed our time at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Both are very centrally located and I don't think you could go wrong either way.

Thanks! I have contacted Albergo Cesari and I am overwhelmed by the quick and detailed response. Since both hotels seem very nice with a good location, I am going to go with the less expensive hotel. Time in the room will be minimal.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! I have contacted Albergo Cesari and I am overwhelmed by the quick and detailed response. Since both hotels seem very nice with a good location, I am going to go with the less expensive hotel. Time in the room will be minimal.

Just stayed 2 nights at the Albergo Cesari in October and it is in a great location. We walked everywhere except the Vatican and as mentioned the staff is friendly and helpfull. My friend and I stayed in a room with twin beds and although small by American standards it was comfortable and very clean. It worked well for us and you should enjoy it too :D

We're just back from a westbound TA, which we preceded with three nights in Rome at the Albergo Cesari. I can't compare this hotel with the Campo de Fiori since we didn't stay there, but I can say that the Albergo Cesari was as most folks have described it --- an acceptable hotel in an incredible location, and we would certainly consider it again on another trip to Rome.

We had a Classic Double room, which was pretty large (as was the bathroom) by European standards. There's a wonderful roof terrace where drinks are served in the evening (the first night's first drinks were free) and where a terrific breakfast is served in the morning. The staff were helpful and friendly. Our room overlooked the busy street, but the double windows totally blocked the noise. (I think it might be hard to have the windows open because of the noise, so future guests should keep that in mind in terms of the time of year or the room location. We wanted to face the street.)

The main draw of this hotel is the location. We walked everywhere, including to St. Peter's, and back. It was amazing to just pop outside, turn left, and be at the Pantheon in just a couple of minutes, and the Piazza Navona just further on. Awesome. Plenty of places to eat all around as well.

We booked the hotel about a year in advance and took advantage of the reduced rate for three or more nights. Prices climbed after we booked; it's definitely a good idea to book early if you can. The hotel was easy to deal with by email too.

Happy to answer specific questions if I can.

It was reliable and fast (at least when we were using it!).

(What happened to your favorite, del Senato?)

Have a great trip!

thanks!

Del Senato is still my all-time favorite but I like to try other places from time to time, and Albergo Cesari had a killer rate for a 7-night stay.

thanks!

Del Senato is still my all-time favorite but I like to try other places from time to time, and Albergo Cesari had a killer rate for a 7-night stay.

Hi cruisemom42,

We just booked your favorite, Albergo del Senato, for 3 nights in August 2015.

We have stayed at several hotels that you recommended and they have always been great.

In fact, this summer we stayed at Hotel Brittanique in Paris, based on your recommendation. It was perfect!

Do you have a favorite hotel in Florence? Athens?

Thanks for all of the helpful advice you share on these boards.

P.S. - I sent you an email when we returned from Paris to thank you for the recommendation, but I am not sure if you received it.

thanks!

I hope you enjoy it!

I just booked the Cesari again for next year at a wonderful rate for 2 nights :) I was going to try somewhere different but the price was too good to pass up....

Hi cruisemom42,

We just booked your favorite, Albergo del Senato, for 3 nights in August 2015.

We have stayed at several hotels that you recommended and they have always been great.

In fact, this summer we stayed at Hotel Brittanique in Paris, based on your recommendation. It was perfect!

Do you have a favorite hotel in Florence? Athens?

Thanks for all of the helpful advice you share on these boards.

P.S. - I sent you an email when we returned from Paris to thank you for the recommendation, but I am not sure if you received it.

Hi -- I don't believe I got your email but I'm so glad you enjoyed the Hotel Brittanique in Paris -- it has lovely character and it is so well located. :)

I haven't actually stayed in Florence in long years, so I'm not any help there.

In Athens, I can highly recommend the Athens Gate hotel. It's a little more sleek and modern than I usually go for, but it is so well placed (just a block or so from the Akropoli metro station and another block to the Acropolis Museum and entrance to the Acropolis itself. The hotel is impeccably clean, has excellent service, and a great breakfast served on the top floor with views of the Parthenon in one direction and the Temple of Olympian Zeus in the other. The price is very good value.

(Of course, if you want to splurge, it's hard to go wrong with the Hotel Grande Bretagne -- I stayed there a couple of nights before a cruise and enjoyed all the history associated with it. Definitely a "stately" place...but it's a bit like a rich dessert, a little goes a long way...)

I hope you enjoy it!

I just booked the Cesari again for next year at a wonderful rate for 2 nights :) I was going to try somewhere different but the price was too good to pass up....

I'm sure I will. I actually did stay there once before -- quite a while ago, before they renovated.

One of the fun things about visiting a favorite city multiple times is staying in different locations. I always seem to return to the Albergo del Senato, but at various times I've enjoyed staying in other areas of Rome and comparing them (e.g., Termini, Spanish Steps, Colosseo, etc.)

After all, I have to keep answering questions from people on these boards and with a variety of different experiences, I feel more qualified to make a recommendation!! :)

Hi -- I don't believe I got your email but I'm so glad you enjoyed the Hotel Brittanique in Paris -- it has lovely character and it is so well located. :)

I haven't actually stayed in Florence in long years, so I'm not any help there.

In Athens, I can highly recommend the Athens Gate hotel. It's a little more sleek and modern than I usually go for, but it is so well placed (just a block or so from the Akropoli metro station and another block to the Acropolis Museum and entrance to the Acropolis itself. The hotel is impeccably clean, has excellent service, and a great breakfast served on the top floor with views of the Parthenon in one direction and the Temple of Olympian Zeus in the other. The price is very good value.

(Of course, if you want to splurge, it's hard to go wrong with the Hotel Grande Bretagne -- I stayed there a couple of nights before a cruise and enjoyed all the history associated with it. Definitely a "stately" place...but it's a bit like a rich dessert, a little goes a long way...)

Thanks, again, for the recommendation for Athens Gate hotel. It's on my list, so I will check it out.

I will try to resend the email.

Grateful!

Thanks, again, for the recommendation for Athens Gate hotel. It's on my list, so I will check it out.

I will try to resend the email.

Grateful!

I forgot to mention that I just stayed at Athens Gate (second time) about 3 weeks ago, so my experience is pretty current. If anything, I thought they had improved over the first time I stayed there.

I forgot to mention that I just stayed at Athens Gate (second time) about 3 weeks ago, so my experience is pretty current. If anything, I thought they had improved over the first time I stayed there.

Oh, that is good to know! I just sent you an email, hopefully you will get it this time. Thanks!