Amerisuites, FLL

pd52

We're booked at the Amerisuites, FLL for Jan which is converting to a Hyatt. Can anyone tell us what's nearby, eating, shopping, water taxi ?

I had 'assumed" it was close to the 17th street Holiday Inn which we had previously stayed at, but just wanted to make sure we are not going to be sorry.

thanks

We're booked at the Amerisuites, FLL for Jan which is converting to a Hyatt. Can anyone tell us what's nearby, eating, shopping, water taxi ?

I had 'assumed" it was close to the 17th street Holiday Inn which we had previously stayed at, but just wanted to make sure we are not going to be sorry.

thanks

We stayed there a few years ago and it is right by everything. There is an Outback right next door. Last month we stayed at the Hyatt in Mystic,Ct which had just been converted from Amerisuites. It was very clean, large flat panel TV and the bedding was wonderful. I think you will be fine. :)

thanks

You'll be pleased, I was by there yesterday and it's shaping up nicely. They've relabeled one of there shuttle vans with the new Hyatt Place logo, the other still says Amerisuites. Walking east from your hotel is the Harbor Shops. Within is the Publix Supermarket and Total Wine & More. There's also a new Thai restarurant, RJ Gators for seafood, the Original Steakhouse which is quite good (sports bar motif) awsome sandwiches at the Firehouse Sub Shop or Camilles Sidewalk Cafe for lighter fare. The Outback is next door as well. ;)

I was there last February and there was a great Mexican place within walking distance. If I recall correctly, it's right next to Outback. Anyway, GREAT food! We're going back in December and I cannot wait to stay at the new Hyatt Place!!! :) Looks like they are gonna be great! Have fun on your cruise!

We stayed there a few years ago and it is right by everything. There is an Outback right next door. Last month we stayed at the Hyatt in Mystic,Ct which had just been converted from Amerisuites. It was very clean, large flat panel TV and the bedding was wonderful. I think you will be fine. :)

So sorry, I did mean to say Hyatt "Place". :)

I was there last February and there was a great Mexican place within walking distance. If I recall correctly, it's right next to Outback. Anyway, GREAT food!

I agree, Cafe Del Rio, it was awsome Tex Mex food, fresh and wholesome. The bad news is it went out of business. They're gutting it as we speak. :(

Anyone know if we can get Amerisuites on Hotwire or Priceline for an early December one nighter and what they paid? We got a sweet deal on Priceline for Amerisuites two years ago, but thanks to a little hurricane that damaged it and every other hotel in the area, our hotel stay was cancelled. Thanks in advance! Circee

Anyone know if we can get Amerisuites on Hotwire or Priceline for an early December one nighter and what they paid?

You'll be hard pressed to find it on HW & PL anytime soon now that it's a Hyatt Place.

Anyone know if we can get Amerisuites on Hotwire or Priceline for an early December one nighter and what they paid? We got a sweet deal on Priceline for Amerisuites two years ago, but thanks to a little hurricane that damaged it and every other hotel in the area, our hotel stay was cancelled. Thanks in advance! Circee

Try www.valuetrips.com The prices for Hyatt Place will not be cheap. :)

We used Valuetrips, you book the Amerisuites rate but will be Hyatt by then. We're going in Jan and got a very good rate for the one night.

Called and confirmed the confirmation from Valuetrips with the Amerisuits hotel, and told we're good to go after the changover.

good luck

What about November, does anyone think there is a chance of getting one of the "old" rooms? And can anyone give their opinion on Hyatt Place vs Holiday Inn Express? We were originally considering some other places, but decided since we are going to be there such a short period of time there is no point in spending 200+. Hyatt Place (Amerisuites) and HIX are showing about the same rates.

I agree, Cafe Del Rio, it was awsome Tex Mex food, fresh and wholesome. The bad news is it went out of business. They're gutting it as we speak. :(

Oh no!! I'm sad! Yes, it was great Tex Mex and too bad because I had planned on visiting again in a couple of months! :( Thanks for the info! If there are any other dining recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Hyatt Place was created to compete with Marriott Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn. The Holiday Inn Express isn't even in the same league, go for the Hyatt Place.

Good point. However we are going in early November and my concern is getting a room that hadn't yet been remodeled.

boatlover, Their official opening date is December 21st. That doesn't mean the hotel won't be completely transformed earlier. They cannot remodel an Amerisuites room into a Hyatt Place room if it's occupied. My guess is that your more likely have one of the new rooms. They cannot meet their deadline if they keep the old rooms occupied.

You can call them direct at 954 763 7670 to see what they have to say about it. Let us know.

boatlover, Their official opening date is December 21st. That doesn't mean the hotel won't be completely transformed earlier. They cannot remodel an Amerisuites room into a Hyatt Place room if it's occupied. My guess is that your more likely have one of the new rooms. They cannot meet their deadline if they keep the old rooms occupied.

You can call them direct at 954 763 7670 to see what they have to say about it. Let us know.

Oh no, I thought it was December 3rd last we checked??

Oh no, I thought it was December 3rd last we checked??

They keep moving the date forward and then pushing it back. Website lists 12/21 but I'm sure for all intensive purposes it will be well completed before then.

http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/flow6/place/propCheckAvailability.jsp?pid=hgafllfl&extCorporateId=

What about November, does anyone think there is a chance of getting one of the "old" rooms? And can anyone give their opinion on Hyatt Place vs Holiday Inn Express? We were originally considering some other places, but decided since we are going to be there such a short period of time there is no point in spending 200+. Hyatt Place (Amerisuites) and HIX are showing about the same rates.

HPs are lovely....i toured one outside of Chicago...wished i could have stayed but i had a much better rate at a marriott brand...

if you look at the hyattplace.com, the photos are EXACTLY what the rooms and lobby area look like.....you can get food...you swipe your room key in a kiosk and someone gets it and makes it for you...

comparing a hyatt place to a HI express is like comparing a hyatt to a motel 6...if the rates are close i would do the HP.....

Does anyone have any other dining recommendations that's close to the Amerisuites (soon to be Hyatt Place!:) ) besides Outback? I'm sad that Cafe Del Rio is being gutted. That was a great place. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks! (family-oriented). :D Also, can anyone tell me more about the Sun Trolley and going to the beach??? Sounds really good!

Right next door in the Harbor Shops shopping center are a couple of decent restaurants. RJ Gator's http://www.rjgators.com/, The Original Steak House (great for families) http://www.originalsteakhouse.net/, Firehouse Subs http://www.firehousesubs.com/, Camilles Sidewalk Cafe http://www.camillescafe.com/ to name a few.

The Sun Trolley runs Thusday to Sunday, passes by every 15 minutes and only costs 50 cents. The closest place to get on by the Amerisuites would be a the Harbor Shops shopping center next door. You can get on and off anywhere along the route. ;)

http://www.suntrolley.com/maps/convention.html

How close is it to catch the water taxi from the Hyatt ?? Can we walk or take the trolley ??

Thanks

It's doable but the Sun Trolley's air conditioned. :p

Click to see map of area:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=111808212097114498924.00043793178f17d9ae0d6&t=h&om=1&ll=26.098721,-80.1299&spn=0.027517,0.039911&z=15

Archived