coz dive op help

bigjay

here are the 2 problems...

1. Cozumel boats usually go out for 2-tank morning dives at 8am-ish, then they are back around noon. Afternoon boats go out around 1pm-ish for only a 1 tank dive usually. That is the norm in Cozumel. I have been going there once a year, for week long dive trips, for the past 15+ years.

2. Cozumel diving is all about deep walls and fast current. The best dives are down off the south end of the island, and far off the coast, needing a boat to get there, plus the strong current means it is all drift diving. There are a few shallow dive sites, but those are usually done as the 2nd morning dive, after everyone has done their deep dive. The afternoon boat dive is usually a shallower site or the C-53 wreck.

So... with your schedule, you are not coming in time for the morning boat dives. You are also wanting to do shallow dives, which are not the norm schedule for dive ops. IF you have 6 people who are coming with you, and want to book a boat together for this, you will be fine. Otherwise, I think you are probably out of luck for what you want.

I am not discouraging you from diving in Cozumel. It is, in my opinion, the best diving in the Caribbean. More fish, more incredible wall dives, etc.

You might check with Aquaworld - they are located near the International Pier and may have a later boat going out. I've done shore dives there but only for skills practice - there's really not much to see. Paradise Reef is the closest reef to the southern cruise ship piers and it's pretty shallow. Above poster is correct about the boat departure times and the aspects of Coz diving. Maybe you could set up a two tank afternoon dive with a dive op. Good luck!