Carnival Stockholders QM2 Tour

seadays4me

Anyone who requested tickets for the Carnival Stockholders tour of the QM2 on 4/22 in NYC. Have you received your ticket(s) yet? In the flyer it stated that if you don't receive a ticket don't even attempt to show up, you won't get on.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seadays4me:
Anyone who requested tickets for the Carnival Stockholders tour of the QM2 on 4/22 in NYC. Have you received your ticket(s) yet? In the flyer it stated that if you don't receive a ticket don't even attempt to show up, you won't get on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please tell us everything you know. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

This is the first I've heard of this 4/22 tour in NYC. Since I am a Carnival stockholder and not far from NYC........I'm interested.

Can you post any details on how I can get included?

Thanks in advance.

John

Hi,
When you received your annual report about 3-4 weeks ago there was a separate piece of paper that told about the tour. It had to be filled out and faxed to Carnival Miami headquarters. It said it was capacity controlled and if you did not get the confirmation DO NOT show up as you will not be allowed on. Hope that helps.
Bon voyage

I replied as soon as I read the invitation - the evening that I received the annual report. My reply was in the mail for the 7AM pickup the next day. Haven't heard anything yet (4/9).

I'm nervous, since we're flying half-way across the country for this plus a six-day cruise on the Carnival Legend the next day.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'm nervous, since we're flying half-way across the country for this plus a six-day cruise on the Carnival Legend the next day.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like it's time to email or make some phone calls to Carnival Stockholder relations and/or Cunard. (Mention everything you said above, and more.)

Keep posting what happens here -- maybe someone knows someone who could help you.

Crouton

P.S. If, in the worst case scenario, you don't actually get aboard-- there are a lot of fun events around QM2 (cruises etc.) that will still make your trip worthwhile, IMHO. See the thread "Busy Queens in NYC" if you haven't already.

Thanks, Crouton!

I appreciate your pointing me to the activities thread. I think we'll get up early and do the Circle Line thing.

It's also ironic that I was on board the Queen Mary (as a visitor) when she left New York for her final voyage to Long Beach. I watched myself on the Channel 4 news that night. Next week's activities will take us full-circle.

In my mail today was an envelope from Carnival Corp. Inside was the confirmation for the 4/22 QM2 ship tour while its in NYC. Unfortunately the tour is only 90 minutes and will have to be off the ship by 4:00 pm. Will most likely have dinner at the Chart House and watch her pass as she sails down the Hudson. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Are you the same person, SeaDays and seadays4me?

In any event, congratulations! It seems the parent is just as bad as the child in terms of last minute delivery of boarding documents.

No...I did [B]not[/B] specify which was which nor would I ever be so naive as to do so on [B]this[/B] board! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Nope -- not the same, but I guess we have similar tastes on how to spend time on cruises / crossings. Check out the post count and registration date.

I (SeaDays) also received my invite today, and plan check out the Circle Line excursion first thing tomorrow.

Then it's on to Carnival Legened to Bermuda and Newport (4/23). Not exactly QM2, but there are, well, sea days.

Archived