Mall across from the Pier

CCC3

I noticed this summer there appears to be a mall across the street from where the ship's dock. Looked like a Diamonds International is in front if it. Has anyone gone shopping there, and if so what was your experience?

I noticed this summer there appears to be a mall across the street from where the ship's dock. Looked like a Diamonds International is in front if it. Has anyone gone shopping there, and if so what was your experience?

It is called Royal Village and used to have a Website but I don't see it now. Did find this link that may help

http://www.shopping-mexico.com/malls/quintana-roo/cozumel/royal-village-cozumel

I have only walked through it so no particular opinions. There seem to be reviews on TripAdvisor.

• 2 weeks later...

DI runs most of the bottom floor and there are a few other boutique type stores upstairs. There is also a Starbucks outside and I think a Hooters. I used to go there for the Tequilaria but it was closed last time I went. They do have some very nice and clean rest rooms!

The last 2 posts are speaking about different shopping areas. We have 3 ports. Puerta Maya which is Carnival ships which has a large shopping area but no shopping center or mall across the street. Next is the International Pier which is Celebrity and RCCL ships has a fair sized shopping area and across the street is Royal Village Shopping center. The third is Punta Langosta which gets NCL, Disney, and overflow. It does not have a separate shopping area but passengers debark into the Mall that has an assortment of local and name brand shops, Senor Frogs, and Hooters.

The last 2 posts are speaking about different shopping areas. We have 3 ports. Puerta Maya which is Carnival ships which has a large shopping area but no shopping center or mall across the street. Next is the International Pier which is Celebrity and RCCL ships has a fair sized shopping area and across the street is Royal Village Shopping center. The third is Punta Langosta which gets NCL, Disney, and overflow. It does not have a separate shopping area but passengers debark into the Mall that has an assortment of local and name brand shops, Senor Frogs, and Hooters.

PatyCake- I see that you are located in Coz. We are cruising on NCL in October and my Mom wants to shop while in port (even if it means grabbing a taxi), then spend some time on one of the beaches. Where do you recommend going for shopping?

The OP had sailed on Libery of the seas and presumably docked at International Pier. Therefore the shopping center they had seen would have been Royal Village.

Yes! I'm the OP, and we sail on Royal, and I was speaking about the mall across from the international pier. Thanks, everybody! This is the mall I am curious about.

If you are on NCL you will port right in town. There are blocks and blocks of shopping in addition to the Mall where you will enter when you get off the ship. The closest beach would be North to Playa Azul, a small quiet beach. It is a good snorkel spot but you should bring beach shoes. If you want a big sandy tourist beach it will be a fairly expensive taxi ride to one of the southern beaches.