This board is just fabulous - I have picked up SO many great hints from you all!
My husband & I just booked a 3-night Disney cruise on the Wonder, leaving March 1. We have done 7-night cruises on other lines, but now that we have a Princess-obsessed 4 year-old, we thought we’d try Disney. We are hemmed in by my husband’s work schedule, so we have to do a 3-night.
I noticed that many of the responses apply to the longer cruises. If anyone who’s done a 3-night has the answers to any of the questions below, I’ll be MOST appreciative!
1) We would like to take my mom along on the cruise. (Not sure she’ll go - we bought cancellation insurance just in case!) They let us book 4 people in a Category 12 room; however, I read somewhere that all Category 12’s sleep only 3. We were assuming that an adult and a child could sleep together on the pull-out couch, but that source (the Birnbaum book) says the couch is only a single. Does anyone know?
2) Is there ever lobster at dinner on a 3-night? (my mom’s favorite!)
3) Do they still have fireworks and the Pirate night?
4) Can I turn in a pillowcase for signatures on a 3-night?
Some more general questions:
5) Are there certain hours for the Oceaneer’s Club, or is it open pretty much all the time?
6) Castaway Cay: Is there a map online anywhere? What costs $$$ on the island, and do you use cash or your card? I heard there were children’s activities on the island - do you leave the kids, or stay with them? Do you have reserve snorkeling ahead of time as an excursion, or can you just walk up?
I’m sure I’ll think of more questions later, but thank you SO much for your answers to this first set!