Beware!!!! If wanting to go to Coco Cay!!!!

I'm just off the Enchantment if the seas and what a huge disappointment! If your booking Royal and wanting or planning of going to coco cay don't bet on it we missed the port due to conditions then were told they only get in less than 20% of the time this time of year and haven't been able to get supplies to the island for the last 3 months until we dropped supplies but we couldn't stop.

So beware if your bilking something that has coco cay odds are you won't get to stop. Had I known that prior to booking I would have picked another cruise. Was expensive cruise for 1 port!!!!

Same issues with NCL next door. Carnival sometimes uses Coco Cay and misses too. Same for Disney, Princess and HAL at their private stops in the Bahamas. No way to predict what the weather will do unfortunately. It's a nice beach day when they make it; they probably served better food on the ship than you'd have gotten on the beach if that is any consolation.

I'm just off the Enchantment if the seas and what a huge disappointment! If your booking Royal and wanting or planning of going to coco cay don't bet on it we missed the port due to conditions then were told they only get in less than 20% of the time this time of year and haven't been able to get supplies to the island for the last 3 months until we dropped supplies but we couldn't stop.

So beware if your bilking something that has coco cay odds are you won't get to stop. Had I known that prior to booking I would have picked another cruise. Was expensive cruise for 1 port!!!!

Sorry you didn't make it as it is a great island.

Someone was telling a bit of a lie when they said they only make it 20% of the time and they certainly have had supplies delivered in the past 3 months.

We were 2 for 3 December 2012.

One thing you can do to avoid the problems caused by traveling during the windy season, is to avoid traveling during the windy season.

We actually don't mind missing Coco Cay. We love it there, but if we do an overnight in Nassau instead, we use the opportunity to dine at Graycliff, take a tour of their wine cellar and explore their gardens. I don't worry too much about port changes. What we miss this cruise we'll do on the next one.

Edited by ehfl

Who is the source of this information? Supplies are brought over to the island constantly. Whoever said it has been 3 months has no idea what they are talking about.

We stopped there last week but what we did miss was Key West. Coco Cay to me, is overrated. It is my least favorite of all the private islands.

Just goes to show how everyone is different. Coco Cay is our favorite private island.:)

We're the outliers at 1 for 5. Finally made it this past October on Freedom. Nice island but having been to Labadee several times I never got my undies in a knot over missing it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who is the source of this information? Supplies are brought over to the island constantly. Whoever said it has been 3 months has no idea what they are talking about.

Exactly, mema.

OP, I'm really sorry that you missed Coco Cay; it is a beautiful beach day, very relaxing. But telling people not to book based on your misinformation is not prudent. I see you've been a member here for 3 1/2 years - certainly enough time for research, etc. and to know that occasionally, ships are unable to call at Coco Cay. :o:)

We've missed every so often, but have still made it 80% of the time over the last 5 years.

We have also made it 75-80% of the many times Coco Cay is on the itinerary.

Weather always plays into whether a ship does her itinerary as planned. Much like airline flights don't end up where planned due to weather.

Those planning a cruise vacation should take that into consideration. Not being able to tender into Coco Cay has been discussed on CC ad nausium!

OP, unless it has changed, Majesty is the resupply ship for Coco Cay. Anyone know if Majesty hasn't been able to get into Coco Cay for three months?

Edited by Scotty G
update

Just goes to show how everyone is different. Coco Cay is our favorite private island.:)

Really?

We also list Coco Cay as our 'least favorite'!

The best private island in our opinion goes to Disney's Castaway Cay!

Big plus is they 'Dock' at Castaway, they don't tender!

Coco Cay 140 acres, Castaway Cay 1000 acres!

You never feel crowded at Castaway Cay!

Don't know about the 80% figure the OP stated, but there is one problem we've run into at Coco Cay, low tide! Coco Cay has very shallow beaches except for the small area on the east end! If you arrive on a day when its low tide, you can walk 100-200 yards out on the south side of the island, and still only be in knee high water!:eek: