antigua to do

MOCHAMAMBA

Hello, I am new to cruising :confused: and trying to get the hang of things. I will be going on a cruise soon and I am looking to find a reasonably priced good time. From what I have read there are not many beaches directly close to port. Does anyone recommend anywhere easy. How much are taxis? Also are they readily available when I am ready to leave and head back to the ship?

• 1 month later...
Hello, I am new to cruising :confused: and trying to get the hang of things. I will be going on a cruise soon and I am looking to find a reasonably priced good time. From what I have read there are not many beaches directly close to port. Does anyone recommend anywhere easy. How much are taxis? Also are they readily available when I am ready to leave and head back to the ship?

We have enjoyed Fort James Beach, fairly close to the port, not crowded at all, but there are a few places there, you can rent chairs and get a drink etc. It has the ruins of fort James at one end, very nice sandy beach. Here are a few links to some short videos of that beach. I think the taxi ride was about 6$ pp each way.

I hear that Darkwood Beach and Valley's Church Beach are really nice. You can take City Bus #22 for $1.50.