13 at one MDR table?

Our group of 13 had requested and have been confirmed that we will be sitting together (at one table) in the MDR. While we're happy about this, I just wonder if its possible, as I've never seen a table that big.

Has anyone sat with a group this big in the MDR? Did you fit comfortably at one table? The last time we went with a similarly sized group we were split between 2 tables.

Thanks!

We have been up to 12 at a table on different Rccl ships in the past but this time we will be 11 on the Navigator of the seas and we were told the largest tables have only room for 10. I would advise you to call them. They may put you at two nearby tables. Then the day you board, they will have a time set aside to make table changes etc. Find out where and at what time that will be and get there when they start. Better to check to see if everything is what you asked for at that time, then to wait until you get to your table.

Good luck and Hav e a great cruise,

Jerry

There are 12 of us booked for Independence in August and we were told that maximum table size is 10 so we'll be on two tables of 6 beside each other. Last August, again on Indy, we were a group of 7 and were seated at a table for 6 - after a couple of nights of not being able to put our chairs to the table we asked if it was possible to have a larger table. Our waiter checked with the head waiter who instantly said yes and the next night we had a much larger table and it was great........on investigation we discovered that it was the same table but a large piece of plywood had been cut to shape and placed on top of the original table - now that is customer service, we were very impressed.

Gill

We have been up to 12 at a table on different Rccl ships in the past but this time we will be 11 on the Navigator of the seas and we were told the largest tables have only room for 10. I would advise you to call them. They may put you at two nearby tables. Then the day you board, they will have a time set aside to make table changes etc. Find out where and at what time that will be and get there when they start. Better to check to see if everything is what you asked for at that time, then to wait until you get to your table.

My MIL was on the phone with them when they confirmed 13 at one table. I was surprised.

It's one of our first day rituals to go check out the table after getting on the ship, so we'll head over to see.

I am glad to hear some have recently been able to be more than 10 at a table. I will call rccl tomorrow to see if what they say about putting my group of 11 at one table.

Thanks for the info,

Jerry

Archived