Ecstasy repositioned to Miami in 2014

geneparmesan

This is mentioned in another thread (about our cruise being cancelled), but I thought it deserved a separate thread.

When I called Carnival to ask about our Jan 2014 Ecstasy cruise out of Port Canaveral being cancelled, she did some investigation, and the Ecstasy is being repositioned to Miami.

No cruises show on the website after Jan 4th, 2014.

With Carnival Ecstasy moving down to take over the itinerary of Carnival Imagination . . . I really hope that indicates a bit of a trickle-down effect, meaning that Port Canaveral might be getting its wish on a few ongoing contract negotiations allowing for a larger ship to arrive at PC as home port (bumping an existing vessel from its current 'parking place').

For some of us, that would be a good thing.

With Carnival Ecstasy moving down to take over the itinerary of Carnival Imagination . . . I really hope that indicates a bit of a trickle-down effect, meaning that Port Canaveral might be getting its wish on a few ongoing contract negotiations allowing for a larger ship to arrive at PC as home port (bumping an existing vessel from its current 'parking place').

No such luck ....

http://lbbusinessjournal.com/long-beach-business-journal-newswatch/180-12-12-17/1161-long-beach-to-become-busiest-cruise-terminal-on-west-coast.html

December 19th, 2012 – Long Beach is poised to become the single busiest cruise terminal on the West Coast in January 2014 after Carnival Cruise Lines announced this morning that it is adding a third ship to its local fleet.

The Carnival Imagination will add 104 departure calls per year, double the passenger traffic to one million annually and provide an estimated economic impact of $65 million to the region.

Maybe a swap with the Victory? It seems like PC could support more capacity, while Miami is overcapacity on the 3-5 day sailings. Royal Caribbean had Majesty of the Seas for $99 on last week's sailings to the Bahamas from Miami. Too much competition/capacity in the budget cruise market in Miami right now.

I was talking to someone yesterday who was just on the Freedom of the Seas and reported that a couple of the staff indicated, with the wider channel, the Freedom might be replaced by the Oasis at PC.

No telling - though I am sure that some additions/deletions are in the works (woo hoo), simply not public knowledge yet!

Tom

I was talking to someone yesterday who was just on the Freedom of the Seas and reported that a couple of the staff indicated, with the wider channel, the Freedom might be replaced by the Oasis at PC.

No telling - though I am sure that some additions/deletions are in the works (woo hoo), simply not public knowledge yet!

Tom

Actually had a guy that's works at pc tell us this that the oasis is coming and they are retiring the monarch

Actually had a guy that's works at pc tell us this that the oasis is coming and they are retiring the monarch

Monarch will be there till the end of March, I forgot it's replacements name.

It's been rumored Canaveral is after Oasis due to widening and dredging, but you know rumors. They built the new terminal to handle the volume of passengers.

No such luck ....

Sorry, you lost me on that one. :confused:

My comment was about the definite swaps that are confirmed, and the seemingly higher potential for some future movement, that's been chatted for a while now . . . very (very!!) similar to what Tom made reference to above. :)

Terminal 6 was specifically designed for ships beyond its current use.

just curious, but why not a Spirit-class ship out of Port Canaveral?? Send the Pride to Port Canaveral and send a Conquest-class ship to Baltimore. I do have a feeling that the Imagination/Ecstasy swap is just the start of moving ships around for 2014.

just curious, but why not a Spirit-class ship out of Port Canaveral?? Send the Pride to Port Canaveral and send a Conquest-class ship to Baltimore. I do have a feeling that the Imagination/Ecstasy swap is just the start of moving ships around for 2014.

It's too much to hope for a Spirit class ship in my own backyard!!

Tom

The Pride is the largest Carnival ship that can sail out of Baltimore. The Conquest class ships are too large.

The only Spirit class ship left that could move to a new home port is Miracle, which is doubtful because Carnival needs the additional speed of the Spirit class ship to make the Hawaii run from Long Beach. Baltimore and Tampa are both maxed out with Spirit class ships because of the bridges. The same goes for Jacksonville.

Archived