Has anyone ever booked...

cruisintwinsmom

...on a ship that a singles cruise is also booking? Obviously, there would not be the ablility to attend their parties, but wouldn't you still meet the singles at the pool, bar, trivia, etc?

In other words, is it worth the premium to book with the singles cruises?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, I have, but not on purpose.

You can't attend their private cocktail parties and they do have their own area of the dining room.

There are anywhere from 2-400 singles, while they tend to stick with those in the group, they are out and about on the ship

Yes, I have, but not on purpose.

You can't attend their private cocktail parties and they do have their own area of the dining room.

There are anywhere from 2-400 singles, while they tend to stick with those in the group, they are out and about on the ship

So, they end up sticking with the group of singles rather than mixing it up with others on the ship? Good to know. I'm not looking for hooking up, but it would be fun to have others to enjoy a meal with or go dancing.

Thank you for the response. Happy Sailing!

You would be able to see them in the dance spots on the ship.So that is an option.

At dinner they have a number of tables and they switch around. So unless you are linked with the group you wouldn't be able to dine with them,unless you met someone and decided to go to a speciality restaurant.

Since the big groups have message boards,they chat and interact for months before the cruise and usually form friendships, plus with the group that was on my cruise, some were on their 10th plus cruise with that group.

You would be able to see them in the dance spots on the ship.So that is an option.

At dinner they have a number of tables and they switch around. So unless you are linked with the group you wouldn't be able to dine with them,unless you met someone and decided to go to a speciality restaurant.

Since the big groups have message boards,they chat and interact for months before the cruise and usually form friendships, plus with the group that was on my cruise, some were on their 10th plus cruise with that group.

Thank you for responding. Sounds like it might be worth it to join in with the group. Did you enjoy the cruise? Have you done more than one? I am looking at one of the vacations sailings.

• 4 weeks later...
...on a ship that a singles cruise is also booking? Obviously, there would not be the ablility to attend their parties, but wouldn't you still meet the singles at the pool, bar, trivia, etc?

Thanks for your help!

the singles cruise company that I booked with last week met the price listed on the ship's web site. I did not have to pay a premium.

Has anyone ever booked on a ship that a singles cruise is also booking? Obviously, there would not be the ablility to attend their parties, but wouldn't you still meet the singles at the pool, bar, trivia, etc?

Thanks for your help!

I have. I didn't plan it, it just sort of happened.

I went solo on a carib cruise and I kept getting asked if I was going to be at a certain event. LOL. I then figured out there was a group of singles on the ship.

Over the course of the cruise I got to meet a number of them (especially dancing) but if I had to give you advice, it would be better to pay the premium and go with the group. There were private parties, dinner seating as a group and the ability to contact people pre-cruise.

the singles cruise company that I booked with last week met the price listed on the ship's web site. I did not have to pay a premium.

Wow, good to know!!! Thanks!!!

I have. I didn't plan it, it just sort of happened.

I went solo on a carib cruise and I kept getting asked if I was going to be at a certain event. LOL. I then figured out there was a group of singles on the ship.

Over the course of the cruise I got to meet a number of them (especially dancing) but if I had to give you advice, it would be better to pay the premium and go with the group. There were private parties, dinner seating as a group and the ability to contact people pre-cruise.

Thank you so much for the feedback!!