Russian Folklore Show

BarbJS

We are sailing on the Voyager to the Baltics and have hired a private tour guide (Alla) while in St. Petersburg. We would like to do the Russian folklore show but have heard the Voyager has one for their entertainment while in port and it as good as the ones you pay $5o per person for from the tour company. Has anyone been on the 2007 Baltics Voyager cruise that can clear this up for us?Thanks

We are currently on the Voyager Baltics itinerary and, in fact, went to the onboard Russian folklore show last night. Good presentation of singing and dancing. We did not see the "excursion" show, but I will post if we hear any comments about that excursion. Feel free to ask any questions about the Voyager and/or this itinerary. Today is our final day in St. Petersburg ... be ready to be overwhelmed with the sights.

Hi old3, I hope you are having a great cruise! I'm assuming the onboard folklore show is only offered during one of the nights in St. Petersburg? Would you have time to go to it, and then take an evening excursion afterward? I'd also be curious to see how it compares to the one in town. Did you do any other excursion the other evening, or just stay and relax on the ship?

Also, is Kenny Smiles on the Voyager this summer?

Thanks.

Kenny Smiles is on the Voyager now and gets off sometime in August (can't remember what day he told me).

We've seen the Folklore show in St. Petersburg and it was fantastic. It was performed on a stage quite a bit larger than the stage in the Constellation theater so I doubt if the one onboard will be as good or have as many entertainers in it. I'd highly recommend paying the price as this way you'll know you're seeing the REAL thing and not (perhaps) a more amateur version.

The onboard folklore show was on night 2 of St. Petersburg and was not until 9:45 p.m.; so I doubt it would be possible to do an evening excursion AND see the folklore show.

Yes, Kenny Smiles is onboad and performed to mixed reviews earlier this week.

We did NOT do any evening excursions in St. Petersburg ... we were tired after full days of touring, and preferred to savor family time during dinner (we are traveling with our kids (ages 18 and 22) and my parents.

BarbJs,

I had the same question about the folklore show when we went to the Baltics on the Voyager 2 years ago. We ended up not going to any evening performances in St. Petersburg. We saw the folklore show in the ship's theatre and it was very good. The constumes were gorgeous and the dancers were very good also. They had their own band also. I suppose a show at one of the city theatre's could/might be better - larger, more dances, more performers?? But the ship's show was very professional and a lot of fun. Just get there early to get seats toward the front.

We did hear many positive comments from people who attended evening ballet perforemances in the city so we sort of regret not going to one. That is one tip I would pass along to you just in case you might be thinking about that option.

Have a great time - impossible not to .

Ginny

We are on the Voyager Aug 23, is anyone else on this trip? Any advice such as items to leave at home and items you should have taken? We will be with the Tauck tour and look forward to any comments and suggestions.

Hi,

We are really excited this is our first Regent cruise and our first Tauck adventure. Looking for advice on item to pack and what to leave home as I tend to overpack and Tauck is very definite about the size and weight of your luggage.

Thanks

I've been on a few Tauck tours and highly recommend them - the combination of the Tauck Tour and the Regent Sailing will be spectacular, I am sure. As far as their recommended luggage, we did their Classic Italy Tour for 14 days a little over a year ago and not one person adhered to their 1 bag rule. With the combination of the cruises formal nights, even with laundry available, I would find it impossible to follow the one bag rule.

Kathy,

Thanks for the advice. Packing with only one suitcase is tramatic at best. Do you prefer to travel with a tour company like Tauck or travel independently? We are new to cruising but loved our trip to Alaska on Holland America Noordam last month.

What are Tauct tours?

I have found travel smith to be pricey but they have great packable mix and match items. Good luck, I am the world's worst packer. Just cannot leave anything at home and don't wear half of what I bring. Going to try harder this cruise.

Barb

Archived