Dress code on Carnival Legend for dining, etc.

nwbtennis

Trying to figure out what to pack to wear for meals on our first cruise in August. What exactly is special about the formal nights other than having to get dressed up? Could I wear a sundress or skirt? How about my husband and 20 year old son? Do they need jackets and ties? Are there other eating options if we choose not to go to the formal night? On regular nights can they wear nice shorts to dinner, or do they have to wear long pants? How about when we go to the shows at night? Do you have to be dressed up, or are nice shorts (for guys) ok? Thanks for the help.

Carnival no longer has formal nights. This is from Carnival's website.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Trying to figure out what to pack to wear for meals on our first cruise in August. What exactly is special about the formal nights other than having to get dressed up? Could I wear a sundress or skirt? How about my husband and 20 year old son? Do they need jackets and ties? Are there other eating options if we choose not to go to the formal night? On regular nights can they wear nice shorts to dinner, or do they have to wear long pants? How about when we go to the shows at night? Do you have to be dressed up, or are nice shorts (for guys) ok? Thanks for the help.

Congrats on your first cruise. On formal nights you will find everything from dress casual to very elegant. It is really up to you how formal you want to be. Many people choose to have formal portraits done on these nights and dress very nicely.

On the other nights, I usually wear capris or a sundress, men are fine in khakis and button down shirt. There will be some in shorts and t-shirts though. I would consider wearing what you would wear to a nice restaurant and most of all relax and have fun:)

p.s there are other eating options if you don't want to go to formal nights, but I think you should try it at least once.

Yes do try the Dining Room at least one night. If you do not like it, there is always the buffet on lido or the 24 hr. pizza. Elegant Night is usually on the first sea day. If you are going on a 7 nighter there will be another one about 3 days later. Be sure to read your capers every night to see what activities are going on. They will have one for you everyday in your cabin.

Congrats on your first cruise. On formal nights you will find everything from dress casual to very elegant. It is really up to you how formal you want to be. Many people choose to have formal portraits done on these nights and dress very nicely.

On the other nights, I usually wear capris or a sundress, men are fine in khakis and button down shirt. There will be some in shorts and t-shirts though. I would consider wearing what you would wear to a nice restaurant and most of all relax and have fun:)

p.s there are other eating options if you don't want to go to formal nights, but I think you should try it at least once.

This is so true. I just returned from the Legend in June.

There is such a variety of every style of clothing, every night. Even on casual nights there are people somewhat dressed up. Including my DH. He loves to dress up, so he really didn't care what he looked like on casual night since he knew he was dressier than most. LOL

He never wore a suit though. Even on "elegant" nights. He would wear the vest and pants that went with the suit, with a tie.

As for me, I wore a dress every night. Less packing. Fabric is always the kind that doesn't wrinkle. But, I did see, skirts, capris, slacks, sundresses for every night.

I even saw jeans on a man on "elegant" night. Sat across the way from us. I think he was wearing slip on sandals too.

You will be fine. Just pack away and enjoy!

Archived