Cruising Out Of Tampa?

GranysT

where is a good place to stay pre-cruise that has tampa airport ans cruise port shuttles ?

We just returned from a 7 day cruise from Tampa, drove to Florida but stayed at Embassy Suites Airport because of free cruise parking and shuttle. They offer complimentary airport shuttle and $10 per each way to the port. The hotel booked it and it was most satisfactory for our needs. We had priority disembarkation and after about 30 mins. of waiting, were in our car ready to leave town by 10:30 am. Cabs seemed plentiful, don't know how many there would have been for later passengers.

We just returned from a 7 day cruise from Tampa, drove to Florida but stayed at Embassy Suites Airport because of free cruise parking and shuttle. They offer complimentary airport shuttle and $10 per each way to the port. The hotel booked it and it was most satisfactory for our needs. We had priority disembarkation and after about 30 mins. of waiting, were in our car ready to leave town by 10:30 am. Cabs seemed plentiful, don't know how many there would have been for later passengers.

I agree with everything in this review. I would like to add that the Embassy Suites has a trolley stop a few steps away from the lobby that will take you to Ybor City or many other places in town. We have had good service on the trolley during multiple visits to Tampa.

Done....

7d Royal Caribbean

7d Celebrity

10d Princess

21d Carnival

75d Holland America

Next..

18d Holland America Veendam 07/15

28d Norweigian Spirit 10/15

21d Carnival Triumph 01/16

where is a good place to stay pre-cruise that has tampa airport ans cruise port shuttles ?

Here is a list of a few hotels that I am aware of that has a cruise pkg that includes an airport shuttle and a round-trip port shuttle. ( hot breakfast too) A lot of the hotels with cruise pkgs do not offer the shuttle from the port back to the airport after the cruise. That is a nice perk and a savings of $25 which is the flat rate taxi fare.

Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point

Hampton Inn Rocky Point

Chase Suites Rocky Point

Best Western Bay Harbor

Here is a list of a few hotels that I am aware of that has a cruise pkg that includes an airport shuttle and a round-trip port shuttle. ( hot breakfast too) A lot of the hotels with cruise pkgs do not offer the shuttle from the port back to the airport after the cruise. That is a nice perk and a savings of $25 which is the flat rate taxi fare.

Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point

Hampton Inn Rocky Point

Chase Suites Rocky Point

Best Western Bay Harbor

Hi,

I do not see you recommending the LQ ( which I booked based on your previous comments) ....... am I OK in that hotel ?

Hi,

I do not see you recommending the LQ ( which I booked based on your previous comments) ....... am I OK in that hotel ?

You are just fine with the LQ Tampa Airport. I did not mention it in the above post because I do not believe that they have a cruise pkg offered.... just the airport shuttle to/from the hotel.

For the LQ, combining the room only rate and then paying for a taxi to/from the port may be a great deal compared to some of the other hotel cruise packages.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Thank you. I will be there in less than two weeks.

Appreciate all your help and suggestions.

You're quite welcome.

Here is a link to the International Plaza. The mall is directly across from the LQ. The hotel will shuttle you over but honestly all you have to do is cross a side street and you are there. It's not an overly busy road, so you should be fine.

http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/dining_entertainment

We stayed at Rocky Point. Enjoyed it but would stay downtown if we were to go again. I'd like to have explored the city a bit.

Don't forget to make sure you can be outside and on the highest deck for the pass under the bridge. It is really neat how close it is.

I hope there will be no fog on the 6th of dec ......our sailing date ........ but if there will be ...... we will just have to wait ..... the weather is, what it is.

I did consider the possibility of fog for our cruise return date ..... so I booked a 4:20 PM flight.

Strange weather everywhere .......I am in MI and our airport was closed few days ago ( for few hours) .....