Intercontinental Resort Tahiti-Pre-Cruise

SPARKLE10

Hi:

Has anyone stayed at the Tahiti Beachcomber for a pre-cruise? I was reading the description of this hotel and it sounds wonderful. I'm doing research before I book a cruise on the Paul Gauguin, and I was just wondering if anyone had stayed there?

Also, is September a good time to visit Tahiti.

Thanks in advance.

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita):)

Anita, how wonderful for you to be going on the Paul Gauguin. Everybody thinks the Beachcomber is wonderful, so I'm sure you will find it so. I'm of the minority--it does not seem to fit my image of the "real" French Polynesia, too much like a typical resort hotel. I was spoiled by staying at the Pearl on Manihi my first visit. If you can swing it, try for a pre-cruise on Moorea, which is nearby, but has some beautiful properties on it. Just a thought.

Anita, as Wendy mentioned, many of us have stayed at the Tahiti Intercontinental and liked it very much. My husband and I have been there twice; once for just one night pre-cruise and then for two nights pre-cruise on our second trip to FP. If you have more time than that to spend either pre or post-cruise I would agree with Wendy to try one of the other islands. Moorea is the closest and you can travel there by ferry so it is the simplest other island to travel to.

At least 90% of travelers would recommend a pre-cruise stay at a hotel rather than a post-cruise stay but I prefer the three day post-cruise. We were also on the Paul Gauguin both trips. Although the food at the hotels was a step down after being on the ship, knowing that we still had 3 more days to enjoy before heading home after disembarking was the key in my decision making. In 2004 we fell in love with the Manihi Pearl and last year we had a wonderful time at the Moorea Pearl.

In 2004 our time in FP was from August 19-September 7. The end of August and first week in September were wonderful because the number of travelers have diminished. Our trip last year was in June. Both trips the weather was beautiful with only a few brief showers.

Archived