How do I do Stingray City?

carmel

Maybe it is me but I can't figure out from their website how to book. Do I get a taxi on my own? About how much from the dock to Stingray City?

Also, how fast does the speedboat go? Is it rough? Is there an age (young) restriction? I will have a 6 yr old.

Actually, any information anyone could give would be helpful. I would love to hear about your experiences and how you went about doing it.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We did the sting ray excursion through RC earlier this month and it was great. I am not sure about a 6 year old going as I did not see any young kids on our boat. We booked the first tour of the morning and the rays were very active. The staff was awesome and made sure everyone got a change to interact with and feed the rays. The boat ride was quick but not rough at all on the day we went. Have a great time.

Edited by viper88

The boat is OK for folks of all ages, it is sheltered water, not open sea. Six years might be a bit young though. When you get to the stingrays, you get off the boat into water which is waist deep and I'm 5' 10". You are standing on the sandy bottom. Great excursion, I loved it.