All Things HMC after 6/20/14 (part 2)

marshhawk

We will visiting HMC Christmas week. Will the water still be warm enough (comfortable) to do the horseback riding ? Also, is there a set time for the lunch? If we do the horseback riding late morning, I didn't want to miss lunch. Thanks!

Weather is unpredictable. I like to compare HMC weather to the water temp in Florida.

Lunch is normally offered from 11-1:30. Be aware the finish time could vary by 30 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Its been years since I have been. Villa are new, Pirate Bar is new. Those are the two things I do know about. I'm sure I missing more.

I'm wondering if they still have a kids play area?? They seemed to have something last time I was there but it looked kinda lame from our cabana. I dont see any pics of it anymore.

Thanks

Yes, there is still a kids' play area. It is at the end of the beach closest to the entrance to the Private Oasis. There was a big structure (or was it two structures?) with water fountains and such. Sorry, I don't have much detail. We were in the Private Oasis and I really only glanced at it briefly a few times from there. It looked like the kids over there were having a great time in/on/around it.:)

We will visiting HMC Christmas week. Will the water still be warm enough (comfortable) to do the horseback riding ? Also, is there a set time for the lunch? If we do the horseback riding late morning, I didn't want to miss lunch. Thanks!

The water temperature should be in the mid 70s in December. Enjoy your horseback riding! We did that in 2012 at HMC. It was great!:) But we just barely caught the tail-end (no horse pun intended:p) of the lunch buffet after we got back from our morning ride (sorry, can't remember exactly what time our ride was or what the lunch time was:o).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are going to Half Moon Cay for the first time. I have seen Clam shells mentioned but do not see them on the excursion list for Carnival. Since we have both had a small spot of skin cancer we avoid being in the sun for any length of time. Are the clam shells some thing you rent after getting to the island or are they offered on board? Also I see there are several bars we have spent time lounging in a covered bar and been quite happy with being able to see the beach. The curse of being very fair skinned.

We are going to Half Moon Cay for the first time. I have seen Clam shells mentioned but do not see them on the excursion list for Carnival. Since we have both had a small spot of skin cancer we avoid being in the sun for any length of time. Are the clam shells some thing you rent after getting to the island or are they offered on board? Also I see there are several bars we have spent time lounging in a covered bar and been quite happy with being able to see the beach. The curse of being very fair skinned.

The clam shells you rent when you get on the island. The pirate ship bar is right along the beach. Are the cabanas sold out for your trip? If not, you should rent one of those.

• 3 weeks later...

We are going to HMC in January. I've noticed the size of the island is much larger just the area used by the beach, bars, cabanas and walking track. What else is on the island? Can you explore the rest of the island?

Thanks

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Edited by Remus2010

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few question, We have ben to HMC many times but never rented a cabana.

How many people can you book the cabana for?

There will be 2 couples this trip . That's why I'm asking. Can we share.?

How about getting off the ship. Do you get priority tendering with a cabana.

Will just one couple get priority tendering if in fact that's a perk?

I read we get 4 towels soda and water, how many floats and snorkeling equipment come's with it

Cabanas are equipped for 4 people if that is the number you give them at the excursion desk. There will be 4 floats, 4 snorkel gear and you give them the specific coke products you want (total of 8 for 4 people). There will be 4 towels and lots of cut up fruit, veggies, chips and salsa. We have never eaten the BBQ at HMC since there is so much to snack on at the cabana.

We've never been to HMC. We have a cruise planned for April. There are 7 of us: my brother & his friend, my parents, my Aunt, and me and my husband. Me and my brother rented a villa as a Christmas gift to my parents and to each other. Does anyone have any experience with the villas? Do they provide towels or do we have to bring them from the ship. One of the reasons we decided to do this was to make it easier for my parents. My mom can't really walk very far, especially if it is hot. I read that it has a bathroom in the villa. Sorry to hijack your thread OP!

A quick search will find you lots of pics. The first two pages of this thread have lots of info about the towels, and some info about the trolley. You will bring some towels from the ship, they will provide additional on HMC if you ask. Yes, there is a restroom, perhaps two.

There is transport to the Villas and Cabanas. It drops you off pretty close. However, it is not easy to get into the truck if mobility is an issue.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I know one of the perks with the cabana rentals is priority tendering. We have rented a cabana for us and our friends - a total of 6 of us (4 adults' date=' 2 11YO). Question - will we all be able to priority tender or will they only allow 4 of us? Thanks![/quote']

I am not sure on that one as I have never tried it, but if you are worried about it you can add the other two at an additional cost and then they will provide the extra food, drinks, etc., to accommodate them. I believe you can have up to six. Its in the small print :)

We were at HMC in December, and both had the joy of dealing with sand fly bites along our ankles afterwards. Those horrid

things leave you with painful red bumps for over a week! I would definitely advise insect repellant before walking the beach.

Never encountered this at HMC before. We only experienced this one other time, after walking a beach on Sanibel Island.

Was able to get a cabana today for the Pride May 24th cruise (note: only 5 left). We will be traveling with our 5 year old son and wondered how far is Cabana #5 from the waterpark area? Want to take him to play but not have to walk too far to get back to the cabana to relax.

Thanks.

We were at HMC in December, and both had the joy of dealing with sand fly bites along our ankles afterwards. Those horrid

things leave you with painful red bumps for over a week! I would definitely advise insect repellant before walking the beach.

Never encountered this at HMC before. We only experienced this one other time, after walking a beach on Sanibel Island.

I want to so thank you for posting this since I have started to research for our next cruise!

I had the horrid experience of this when we went to Rotan. Funny thing, DH didn't get bit, oldest son didn't get bit either. Youngest son whom I took out on the private beach in the resort to snorkel and such while the other two ate didn't get bit.

But me, for the next 5 days I scratched my legs raw!

Thankfully adding to my checklist extra bug spray because I never ever ever want to go threw that again!

On another note, you all have almost convinced me to get a Cabana if one is available for our cruise. Would so love a Villa, but for 4 people, and not a Role Call here for either late August cruise we are considering doesn't look like I could find another family to split it with.