Pictures anyone? Freedom Cabins 8694, 9593

We were able to upgrade this morning to a balcony (cabin 8694) on the first leg of our b2b! We're so excited. They said there's not an obstructed view or anything but I was wondering if anyone had any room and balcony pictures to share. I did look at 'cruise line rooms' website but didn't see my particular room.

On the second leg of our cruise we'll be downgraded :( to an inside stateroom unless I find a good deal on a balcony by then. I'm crossing my fingers! In the meantime, we're booked in Cabin 9593. Anyone have pictures of that as well?

I do not have pictures of the specific cabins you mention. However, we stayed in 9656 on Independence which is the same category as 8694 and I took a picture of an interior cabin on 10 when we first boarded and the doors were all open to cabins where the occupants had no yet arrived. It sounds like you have seen similar cabins, but if you would like to see these pics I will be glad to share.

I do not have pictures of the specific cabins you mention. However, we stayed in 9656 on Independence which is the same category as 8694 and I took a picture of an interior cabin on 10 when we first boarded and the doors were all open to cabins where the occupants had no yet arrived. It sounds like you have seen similar cabins, but if you would like to see these pics I will be glad to share.

If you think it would be similar, then feel free to share. We've seen a few pics of generic balcony and inside state rooms but haven't seen pics of the view from this balcony.

Here is what I can share. This is an inside cabin on 10 [1607 I think]. Should be similar to you cabin.

DSC00129_zpsb5dd5b79.jpg

Here is the inside of our cabin, 9656. It is a D2 just like 8694 so the dimensions should be identical. It is one deck up and about 17 cabins forward of 8694 but in the grand scheme of things, they are identical cabins in the same general area.

DSC00125.jpg

Picture of the Balcony:

DSC00119_zps8421e105.jpg

From the balcony looking forward [midday, open ocean on a transatlantic]. We were the first D2 aft of the JSs on the hump. Some folks think the hump is a huge obstruction looking forward. I didn't think it was a big deal. Since you are further aft and one deck lower, it should be less of an obstruction for you:

DSC00239_zps0ad9df13.jpg

Looking aft [the area that sticks out above is part of the Windjammer]:

DSC00238_zps4d021da6.jpg

Looking down [note area where walkway extends out from ship -- one of my favorite areas on the Freedoms]:

DSC00363.jpg

Just to show you soemthing beside water here are two looking out from the balcony as we left Madeira:

DSC00644_zps3eb38f66.jpg

All such beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! Did your balcony have two chairs for sitting? Would a lounge chair fit out there? Was thinking we could do breakfast out there one morning although the table seems a bit low/small for that...

All such beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing! Did your balcony have two chairs for sitting? Would a lounge chair fit out there? Was thinking we could do breakfast out there one morning although the table seems a bit low/small for that...

The standard furniture is two chairs and the small table. You can probably see the second chair reflected in the door on my balcony picture. The balcony is pretty good size for a standard balcony but a lounger would probably be too big [but it couldn't hurt to ask your room steward]. I agree with you, a higher table would be nice.

Archived