Access to Cabin.

Jeffrey1950

You will normally be able to access your cabin straight after boarding.

Occasionally, they board passengers and cabins aren't ready, so you are requested to wait until the announcement. This has happened to us twice, when, for reasons known only to Cunard, they boarded us at 11.15 but cabins weren't ready for another hour.

Will I be able to gain access to my cabin as soon as I board so as to unload hand luggage or will I have to take this with me when I go to lunch?

One of the civilised joys of Cunard: having your stateroom ready at embarkation.

And just for good measure a bottle of sparkles in your room: not just a glass thrust into your hand as you step over the brow.

Will I be able to gain access to my cabin as soon as I board so as to unload hand luggage or will I have to take this with me when I go to lunch?

If you board at your assigned boarding time, then you have every reason to expect your cabin will be ready. Logically, it follows that if you board before your assigned boarding time that your cabin may not be ready :) just sayin' - S.

On our last Cunard cruise cabins were not available at boarding. I was a bit surprised. We boarded at the assigned Platinum time.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Stephen.Yikes, that is surprising. May I ask when this happened? Thanks, -S.

One of the civilised joys of Cunard: having your stateroom ready at embarkation.

And just for good measure a bottle of sparkles in your room: not just a glass thrust into your hand as you step over the brow.

Many would say that the glass of bubbles supplied on boarding by Celebrity is a superior beverage to the Pol Acker, which has been called among other things, drain cleaner :):eek:

To stay on topic, our cabins have always been ready when we have boarded but we usually do not arrive before about 1pm.

Hi Stephen.Yikes, that is surprising. May I ask when this happened? Thanks, -S.

It was boarding for a three night mini cruise in Queen Elizabeth in November last year. We very much enjoyed the cruise which we chose for the big band theme. A nice extra weekend break.

We were surprised when we were told at checkin and as we boarded. We heard no announcements when the cabins were ready. We had a quick lunch, sat on deck and went to our cabin after an hour or so. It was ready and our suitcases had been delivered.

What annoyed me more was on the last night luggage had to be outside the cabin by 11pm. Which was before the late show has finished any my usual retiring time.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Occasionally, they board passengers and cabins aren't ready, so you are requested to wait until the announcement. This has happened to us twice, when, for reasons known only to Cunard, they boarded us at 11.15 but cabins weren't ready for another hour.

Did not think you could board that soon, not surprised you have had to wait. The stewards are great, but not machines.

• 2 weeks later...

It could have been a day when several of the ships crew were at training meetings etc....Recently we got an apology from our state room steward ...saying he was sorry he couldn't greet us earlier as several had to attend various safety meeting etc

I'm surprised that you were given a boarding time that early. Given that stewards have about 11 cabins each that's a pretty narrow window if people don't vacate early. Nearly everyone wants to be in the ship by noon so they can have lunch and unpack before muster. But it's not logistically possible.

We weren't given a boarding time of 11.15. We were dropped off early for our midday boarding time, on two different occasions, expecting to wait along with the many that were already there. But for whatever reason, boarding started at 11.15 and so cabins were not ready.

I wasn't complaining about this, simply stating a fact!