Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old July 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up

We are very happy with Regent. We are platinum now and with 99 days on 4 cruises next year we will be getting close to titanium. It is the over all experience that we truly enjoy as compared to our multiple cruises on Seabourn, Silver Seas and Crystal. We also cruise on Oceania for some itineraries.

Ad Sponsored By
Old July 28th, 2013, 08:41 PM
10,000+ Club

Wow - cannot believe that this thread has risen after so many months. I am fairly certain that the OP is no longer checking this thread. Still, the "Regent Experience" is as great as it was when we first started sailing on Radisson/Regent ..... almost 10 years ago:-)

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Cape Town – Rio / E. & W. Caribbean (3 sailings) / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Singapore to Sydney / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo

Upcoming cruises: Stockholm to Copenhagen - 28 nights - Voyager / Miami to Miami - 14 nights - Riviera / Rio to Barcelona - 18 nights - Mariner / Cape Town to Cape Town - 15 nights - Mariner / Explorer - 2016

Old August 6th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Cool Cruiser

Smile

Appreciate the answers, thank you! Yes... I am also thinking that the all inclusive aspect is most attractive. I have cruised before but my fiance hasn't (we are going on the NCL Jade in March) so he will get his first experience and as he has always wanted to cruise, I know he will be biting my hand off to get a cruise booked for next year.

I also like to hear that it isn't too formal and like the "country club" vibe... I am still adding up the costs and if Regent do any special offers, we will pay them great attention, it all sounds very good and I don't mind a smaller ship experience, a cruise is a cruise after all![/quote]

Kiki - let me echo the thoughts of another poster in telling you that the Paul Gauguin experience in French Polynesia is a fabulous trip - we were there in 2009 with our son, DIL, and two grands - they are divers-what great dives, and also spent a night in one of the over water hut thingys and LOVED it. We also celebrated our anniversary while there and took a special excursion on a private yacht with a cocktail party and food with 10 others - it was a wonderful thing - celebrating watching the sunset and moonrise with friends - while we have traveled all over the world on holidays - this one we will cherish for a lifetime - it is also one of the reasons we love, love, love Regent - we are doing a 12 day in September and have been looking forward to it for 14 months!!!!! While we cruise with almost all lines,and are frequent travelers on 2, Regent is our FAV at this point and has been for several years - go - you will not be sorry.
3/03 NCL Star (Hawaii!!!!)
11/03 Carnival Glory

Old August 6th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Regent NOT formal, but they do have optional formal nights on longer cruises for those who like to dress up -most pax favor casual dress outlined on Regent site.

Old August 6th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

As I mentioned earlier we love the Regent experience and have never been disappointed. Once we cruised with Regent we never looked back. I love not having to sign for anything. All the excursions we have taken (some we paid) have been very good and never more than 30 people. We were ready to book Paul Gaugin for French Polynesia and then Regent came out with new itinerary including French Polynesia. We booked the December cruise immediately. The reasons we decided to book Regent instead of PG were: Regent has larger cabins, all excursions are included, laundry room on every deck, very good itinerary, and we know we won't be displeased. We also get free Internet and phone which is a big plus. Our TA recommended we book Regent instead of PG even though she's cruised with PG many times and likes it a lot. You can't beat the size of the cabins in Regent. So, whatever you decide....enjoy. I don't see how you could go wrong with Regent.

Old August 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Regent Converts

Let me start with this: I almost fainted when I saw our final settlement/bill.

$166.

We took our first Regent cruise this June. The stellar itinerary swayed us away from our beloved Silversea. We are now converts. This was an over-the-top experience.

Our only regret? Seriously over packing. We heard that RSSC was "country club casual," but we did not want to be surprised. I brought too many Silversea outfits, most of which never came off the hanger (in our nice-sized walk-in closet.) We loved the relaxed atmosphere -- not just in dress code, but also in the general nature of our fellow voyagers. The environment onboard is quite convivial and casual. We came home with new and wonderful friends (three couples will be joining us in the Caribbean next year!)

This was by far the friendliest group of people and staff. The dining experience, exquisite (and I am super picky.)

Kikki, you cannot go wrong with Regent!

Old August 6th, 2013, 06:16 PM
Cool Cruiser

We have just returned from our Royal Baltic cruise. ( 28th July to 4th August 2013 )
It was our first cruise with Regent and our first proper cruise not counting a Carnival 3 night booze cruise from Miami a couple of years ago.
That cruise could easily have put us off cruising for life!
The Baltic cruise was perfect in every way, weather not so great but it didn't matter with so much to do and see. We enjoyed Prime 7 and Signatures but to be honest Compass Rose was just as good.
Our deluxe suite was better than I had hoped for and it was a shame we couldn't spend more time in it!!
Wonderful staff all over the vessel.
If we do choose to cruise with another company I fear they will have a hard act to follow.

Tom & Sue

Old August 7th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Cool Cruiser

We are looking at Regent's Istanbul to Rome in October. It appears to be a deal too good to pass up. Anyone done that cruise?

RCL Vision Sept 21, 2012, NCL Epic 4/14/2012 MSC Poesia 12/12/2010; RC Adventure 11/1/09; RC Voyager 5/13/09; RC Enchantment 10/08; NCL 9/08; Century 4/7/07; RC Navigator 9/30/06; Costa Med 02/06; RC Empress 07/05; Costa Med 03/05; Costa Atlantica 04/04; Carnival 2003; RC Sovereign 5/01

Old August 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAFL View Post
We are looking at Regent's Istanbul to Rome in October. It appears to be a deal too good to pass up. Anyone done that cruise?
Yes -- we did that itinerary and loved it. Istanbul is one of our favorite cities in the world and it hard to beat the Italian Riviera. You will have a fantastic cruise

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Cape Town – Rio / E. & W. Caribbean (3 sailings) / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Singapore to Sydney / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo

Upcoming cruises: Stockholm to Copenhagen - 28 nights - Voyager / Miami to Miami - 14 nights - Riviera / Rio to Barcelona - 18 nights - Mariner / Cape Town to Cape Town - 15 nights - Mariner / Explorer - 2016

Old August 7th, 2013, 07:27 PM
5,000+ Club

Love, love, love that cruise, and the perfect time of year. Try to spend at least a day ahead in Istanbul.

Old August 8th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Cool Cruiser

Well, I guess I would have to echo some of TC's comments. After hearing "boatloads" of negatives over the past few months, it's nice every once in a while to hear some positives about Regent every now and then! Perhaps they're "victims of their own success". Once the bar is raised so high, everyone expects it to go even higher! With our long-awaited cruise to the Med coming up in a little over two months from now, I'm getting excited, and looking forward to a nice single-malt out on the pool deck and a lovely filet in Prime 7. How can life be better than that! Regards to all.

Old August 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM
10,000+ Club

Great attitude, pingppong1. I hope you really enjoy you really upcoming cruise.

Old August 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

Most of the critics just want Regent not to slip. I may now prefer Oceania Riviera and Marina, but my next two cruises are on Voyager and Navigator...

Last edited by JPR; August 9th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

Old August 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR View Post
Most of the critics just want Regent not to slip. I may now prefer Oceania Riviera and Marina, but my next two cruises are on Voyager and Navigator...
I'm curious. When you post that you "may now prefer Oceania Riviera and Marina", what do you specifically mean? We loved our Riviera cruise and have nothing negative to say. However, Regent is still our cruise line of choice (except for the Navigator). Anxious to know more of your thoughts. Thanks:-)

Old August 9th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

In keeping on topic of the thread, I'm one of those happy Regent campers as well. Have been with the line since 2000, maiden year of the Navigator, over 30 cruises in all, most of them the shorter ones 7-14 days, a few longer. I've tried Silversea twice along the way, and was pleased with that too, actually felt like I was on Regent/Radisson, as they offered the same. I first chose to cruise them for an odd cruise in Asia with my adult daughter mostly in Malyasia that had a "can't say no to this one" price. We loved it. One of these days, I'd like to try Seabourn, have been reading their board for years and have friends who've been happy there as well, and there's Oceania, and Azamara, all in time!

What I love every time I get on a Regent ship is....most everything! The warmth I feel from the staff from the minute I step on the ship, and room attendents in particular, the room service (and I use that every morning), the variety of activities onboard for any interest from onboard lectures on history, ports, arts, space, politics, whatever, and the elaborate sea day teas, trivia, bingo, Liar's Club, gaming, all within an atmosphere that is well, refined, never ever "circus", no crazy pool games with microphone blaring on deck all day, and only necessary ship announcements intruding into the cabins. I catch the shows now and then, or duck in for a few minutes being late from dinner. Best ever entertainment was on a crossing, can't remember which one, but the Platters were onboard. They brought down the house for every performance. That tells my age And another crossing to South America, where we had great tango entertainers from South America in Horizon and other venues. And I love the choice of dining venues, but CR always fine for me.

Of course, nothing is perfect all of the time, and there have been some glitches from time to time, nothing to raise cain about, or I would not keep coming back. I try to settle them on the spot, and have not been disappointed. On every cruise, I always book another ahead into the future for the price break, and disembark looking forward to my next one. I'm not enthused for the incuded excursions, used to be fun to plan private ones with others, or hire a cab in the port and just do the same things for less than the line was charging. But change is always certain, and this more inclusive model has worked for Regent. Then there are people who easily swing between Regent and other lines, Oceania included, but continue to return, when the itinerary and price are right.

SNAFL, you can't beat those ports on the Istanbul to Rome, I've been booked on it for months (mainly for the pre-cruise to Cappadocia, and recently added the next cruise to make it a back to back). The Med is probably my favorite area to cruise, I'm reapeating all but a couple of them, always more to see and do when you only have a day. But I do love the sea days that come with longer cruises, say in Asia where it takes more time to get from port to port.

So, while like many, my eye is always looking at the many choices we have, for my likes right now, I continue to stick with my old favorite.

Last edited by jhp; August 9th, 2013 at 11:41 PM.

Old August 10th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default I appreciate the "included excursions"

We appreciate the opportunity to choose an included excursion and invariably choose one that allows us to get an overview of the destination. Almost always the free city tour or free trolly is a short trip and takes place early in the day. We then have the remainder of the day to plan our own itinerary for the time that is left in port. When we know in advance that we will have several hours in the afternoon before sailing, we plan in advance for a private excursion to a specific point of interest. Just saying...this works for us.

Old August 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

TravelCat2:

Please see my detailed post re Riviera and Oceania vs. RSSC ships, in response to yours, on the "Is Regent Slipping?" folder.

Surprised you don't remember reading iit, but to summarize: Quality and variety of restaurants, great kitchen cooking class facilities and Chef Kelly, arts room and classes, butler service, larger penthouse suites, spa (sauna, steam room, relaxation area), exercise facilities and equipment, espresso bar, 18-hole putting green, pool and pool chairs, concierge and executive suites, etc. RSSC Voyager wins only on its basic suites, which are significantly larger and have walk-in closets while Oceania's are poorly placed right next to the bed, and perhaps overall service plus, of course, all-inclusive policy (which you pay a premium for).

All-inclusive is not a net advantage for us since we pre-order bottles of wine for 30% off on Oceania and Regent's house wines have declined, and we generally book our own tours which are superior to each line's; therefore,, we can get a Penthouse Suite on Riviera or Marina for about the same net price as a regular suite on Voyager).

Itineraries are first for us, and we're Gold on Regent. But all things being equal, we prefer Riviera and Marina. YMMV.

Last edited by JPR; August 10th, 2013 at 12:14 PM.