Elegance Catamaran

aggiemom11

• 3 weeks later...

We used Elegance around the 20th of March....had a wonderful time. They did they typical turtle swim, snorkling and about an hour long sail along the coast while eating a GREAT lunch! Open bar, and a very friendly and helpful staff. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.:D

Rebecca

There were 12 of us...they have a limit of 14. When we got to the area where the turtles were, we could see other people in the distance, but are group of 10(some people didn't go in the water) were the only people around our area. One of the crew members went in the water with us....he was feeding the turtles so they would come around. He would hold a turtle and let us get pictures. It was a really cool experience.

Not sure what time we got back...I believe around 2-3.....we had a little too much of that open bar...lol. I know we stopped at a little open air bar right outside the docking area when we were dropped off. Just what we needed...more drinks...:eek:

We really had a wonderful time ! The crew are very friendly and helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

We were on this cat about 2 weeks ago. It was fabulous. If you have the chance, definitely do it. Swimming with the turtles was absolutely amazing. The crew was wonderful. Sara was very knowledgeable about the island. She even knew who the 2 yachts that were in port belonged to. The food was amazing-- fried flying fish, chicken, macaroni salad, green salad, potatoes!!! Homemead banana bread. And the drinks flowed freely. And they had premium liquor, not to mention Banks beer (the local beer). Which I might add, my husband drank most of. The captain had to keep adding to the cooler!!!!! This is definitely a must do while in Barbados!!

So glad you enjoyed it!!!! I always hesitate to reccomend a trip or excursion, becuase you never know what people are looking for. But I felt this was just too great for anyone not to like! Sara and her husband make a great team!

Rebecca

• 10 months later...

I had to search to find a thread for this excursion! Six of us spent the day on this trip Feb. 27 and it was the highlight of our vacation!

The post by aggiemom11 from April 29th, 2012 still rings true, everything is the same including the food and drinks. Elegance really says it all. Sarah and the crew are so warm, knowledgeable and engaging. With a limit of 14 guests, this is much different that the "cattle-maran" boats you see out there.

We came home with great pictures of snorkeling with the turtles and fish, shipwrecks and scenery of the shores. If we are ever in Barbados again, this trip is on our must-do list! Don't pass this one by!!

• 2 weeks later...

Another thumbs-up for Elegance. My wife and I had such a great experience with Sarah's and her crews' hospitality that we have already reserved two seats for next January. The price included transportation from and to the port.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the Elegance trip yesterday. Was a lot of fun. Sarah had a car pick us up promptly at 9:15 right outside the port. There were 11 of us on the trip and 3 crew members. We first went to an area with turtles. We spent about 30 minutes there. Then they took us to a shipwreck for another 30 minutes where we saw lots of beautiful and colorful fish. Then we moved to a spot near a beach where they put out a delicious lunch of chicken, fish and salads. The crew were very attentive and friendly-always offering drinks. It was very windy and quite choppy on the trip back. A couple people felt a little sea sick. When we arrived back, there was a cab waiting to take us back to the pier.

I would definitely recommend this trip.

Archived