Costa Drink Packages Overview

G.M.T.

It seems that the currently available Costa Drinks Packages are causing some confusion (Costa still hasn't learned how communication work! ).

So here is a list of the drinks packages that are currently available:

1. Extra All Inclusive - price for adults €19.50 and children €10.00 (price per day), as from the 2015 season these prices will be rising to €22.50 and €11.50. Service charge included. Also do not forget to check your Costa Card to see that it is marked "EXTRA" as soon as you get your card.

What do you get in this package, following this link and click bottom right hand side on PDF, 43KB "Download" (this is a German Website but the PDF file is multi languages):

http://www.costa-inside.de/getraenkeoptionen/extra-all-inclusive.html

2. neoCollection All Inclusive - price for adults €28.75 and children €18.75 (price per day) effective Costa neoRiviera sailings from 03.02.2014 and Costa neoRomantica sailings from 21.05.2014. Also do not forget to check your Costa Card to see that it is marked "????" as soon as you get your card.

What's included, looks like the same as the Extra Package. Don't know the reason why the difference in price, I suspect it's to do with the fact that the "neo" ships are not designed for children but for a higher percentage of adults, so instead of hoards of snotty nose kids running wild there will be "pissed" seniors living it up.

Conditions of items 1 & 2 above:

"This package must be purchased by all passengers travelling in the same cabin or who are travelling with the same booking number and by all passengers who dine together. The price includes the service charge".

Adults are persons over the age of 18, except sails from a US port then it is 21 y.o.

Other packages available:

3. Boys and Girls price €42.00 for 20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups. This can be used for both kids and adults.

4. WEINPAKET "EASY SELECTION" price €77.39, includes bottles of red wines, 2 bottles of white wines and 7 bottles of mineral water.

5. MINERAL WATER Package price €26.00 for 13 bottles mineral water.

NOTE: Other packages may be available on-board.

The following packages may have now been discontinued:

6. Costa All Inclusive (equivalent to the old X1 package), adults €13.00, children €7.00, includes wine, beer and water (by the glass) in the MDR and Buffet during lunch and dinner.

7. Coffee Packages, 25 special coffee €32.50 and 25 cappuccinos €50.00

8. Beer Package, 20 beers for €80.00

This is certainly not the absolute list but is intended to clear up some misunderstandings as to what is available now and in the future. If you have and additional information then please post.

Ron

PS. I have heard rumours of a Premium All Inclusive drinks package, somewhere in the €40 to €50 price range that includes spirits upto €7.50, but I have never seen any official from Costa.

PPS. The last WIFI charges I know were €25.00 for 3 hours with a one off €3.50 admin charge .

PPPS. Cost Club members get a 20% discount on the WIFI package and on on wine packages but NOT on All Inclusive Drinks Packages

Edited by G.M.T.

Yes, thanks for clarifying.

I do think the EAI is a great deal, but it seems they do not allow you to purchase it for just one person if you are travelling as a couple.

Hubby doesn't drink, so it works for me, but not for him.

I have heard that once on board you can purchase it for 1 person in the cabin.

Hope that's true!

Anyone have any idea?

Does anyone know what the draught beer is on the Caribbean sailings? I know it's Carlsberg normally but thought it might be an American beer on US sailings.

Over New Years on the Luminosa it was Beck's.

The neoAll Inclusive is the new forfait package available only on the neoCollection Ships

The package is divided in neoAll inclusive Adult (NEOEXTRA) and neoAll inclusive young (NEOEXCHD)!

Difference from standard All Inclusive Beverage Package:

Bars - Lurisia soft drinks, Sunset Aperitivo, Smoothies, Signature speciality coffees

Restaurant - selection of regional wines (by the glass) related to regional cuisine menus

this is the difference from what my ta told me however they sent me a list and cocktails were not mentioned .. i hope that the cocktails will be available..any ideas?

Bars

Apéritifs & Vermouth

Tio Pepe / Aperol / Bitter Campari / Martini Rosso, Bianco, Dry Pastis / Pernod 45 / Ricard/ Campari Soda / Crodino / Flûte Asti Spumante Martini & Rossi, Prosecco DOC “Valdo”

Beers

International Draught Beer, Beck’s (alcohol free)

Fruit Juices

Pear / Peach / Apricot / Pineapple / Orange / Grapefruit / Juice “Unico Lurisia”

Soft Drinks and Mineral Water

sodas / Lemon Iced Tea Peach Iced Tea / Syrup with water by glass /Mineral Water Sparkling or Natural / Chinotto Lurisia, Aranciata Lurisia, Acqua Tonica Lurisia, Gazzosa Lurisia

Hot Beverages

Lavazza Espresso – Decaffeinated / Lavazza Iced Coffee / Lavazza Caffè Shakerato / Lavazza Cappuccino / Lavazza “Corretto” / “Whittington” Tea Selection, signature speciality coffees

Wines by glass

DOC White Wines / DOC Red Wines

Grappa

Grappa Nonino Selezione Speciale Vuisinar / Segnana Bianca

Cognac

Cognac *** / Cognac V.S

Whisky

Ballantine, J&B / Johnnie Walker Red / Jim Beam / Canadian Club, Jameson / Dewar’s White Label

Gin

Beefeater, Gordon’s, Gilbey’s

Vodka

Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Gilbey’s

Rum

Bacardi Bianco, Bacardi Gold, Bacardi Limón, Myer’s

Tequila

Jose Cuervo

Fortified Wines

Harveys Bristol Cream, Sandeman Ruby Port

Bitters

Averna, Cynar, Jägermeister, Fernet Branca, Branca Menta, Montenegro, Ramazzotti,

Amaro Lucano

Dining Room

Wines

A selection of 2 daily regional wines paired to the menu selection will be offered during lunch and dinner in Restaurants.

The wine selection will be revised seasonally depending itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...

Been on the Serena January/February. Lots of cocktails included. Not the cocktail of the day but things like Mojito, Frozen Margarita and actually G+T(not premium brand gin) and Martinis. We thought is was excellent value for money.

Been on the Serena January/February. Lots of cocktails included. Not the cocktail of the day but things like Mojito, Frozen Margarita and actually G+T(not premium brand gin) and Martinis. We thought is was excellent value for money.

Odd. We occasionally tried the cocktail of the day and it was included. Wish there was more consistency across the line.:cool:

Odd. We occasionally tried the cocktail of the day and it was included. Wish there was more consistency across the line.:cool:

Yes that would be good. In January I found inconsistencies on the same ship at the same bar! If I got the female crew member and asked for diet coke, I just got a glass, if I got one of the guys I got a can with a straw stuck in it. I preferred the can and straw on the pool deck as it wasn't so easily spilled with kids running around as the plastic cup. Plus I got more when it was the can and dint have to get up again so soon for a refill!

By yesterday the prices have raised:

Extra all inclusive: 23.50 Euro / 15 Euro for kids for 2014 departures

For departures starting mid November 2014: 25 Euro / 16 Euro for kids

Prices shown here do include the 15% service charge.

The prices for the neoCollection package did not change.

steamboats

Looks like another Costa confusion is not it's way.:(

Costa - UK

Adults £18.80 / Kids £12.00, neo £23.00 / £13.80 (neo prices valid until Oct. / Nov. 2014)

Now click on "Buy Now" and then "All Inclusive Details", what do we get

Adults €20.43 / Kids €13.04, neo €25.00 / €15.00

Costa - Germany

Adults €20.43 / Kids €13.04, neo €25.00 / €15.00

Now clap the description out and is says

2014 Adults €19.50 / Kids €10.00, 2015 €22.50 / €11.50

Costa - USA

Adults €23.50 / Kids €15.00

Costa - Italy

Adults €23.50 / Kids €15.00, neo €28.75 / €17.75

Scroll down the to see what is included in package and it states Adults €19.50 / Kids €10.00

Oh Costa you can organise World Cruises that run to perfection but when it comes to your web sites OMG! Costa why don't you get your MDR waiters to rewrite your web sites as they are very experienced at being user friendly.

Luckily Costa cannot make me pull my hair out - as there is not much left, BUT they certainly drive me to drink (if only I nkew what price I would be paying).:rolleyes:

Ron

Yes, the Costa websites aren´t really up to date. The prices on the German website are shown without the 15% service charge (that´s what you can read in the fine print at the bottom of the page).

US/I do have the service charge included.

steamboats

Just booked a Far East cruise on the Costa Victoria departing Shanghai on October 29th. Costa have given us a total price of $646 for two on the ten night cruise, that is approximately $32,(£20),(€23)pppd.Having sailed three times in the last four years with costa and each time paying €19.50pppd for the essential Extra package I still think at €23 pppd it represents excellent value.

Does anyone know if bottled eater is inculuded in the package

It was when I was on Fascinosa April 2013

But not when parents were on Delisiosa September 2013

We will be on the Serena June 2014

Thanks in advance

Bottled water used to be included in the package, not it is by the glass.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
As there have been some questions lately about drink prices (I say just go for the All Inclusive), attached is drinks price list from 2011 / 2012. The prices may have increased since this list was published but at least it will give a good idea of price and what is available.

Ron

Thanks for that drinks list, Ron - really useful.

It looks the same as I paid last September, though may have gone up like the AI package.

To work out if AI is good value, add 15% service to these bar prices to compare with the AI deal. I think €23.50 works out well if you drink around three drinks a day plus wine with meals - then anything extra is a bonus!

I can recommend the coffees and the (very strong!) mojito, btw.:)