Cabana at Half Moon Cay

gkrnjlr

Has anyone ever booked a cabana at HMC and had more than 4 people that would use it? We have 7 people traveling. 4 of them are kids and will play in the water most of the day.

It will probably be a tight fit if we had more than 4 in there at once - but it'd be a nice place to just relax while the kids play in the water (yes....supervised!).

If we book a cabana are there going to be employees "policing" the area and not allow 7 of us to use the cabana.

Has anyone ever booked a cabana at HMC and had more than 4 people that would use it? We have 7 people traveling. 4 of them are kids and will play in the water most of the day.

It will probably be a tight fit if we had more than 4 in there at once - but it'd be a nice place to just relax while the kids play in the water (yes....supervised!).

If we book a cabana are there going to be employees "policing" the area and not allow 7 of us to use the cabana.

They don't care how many you have, I think 4 is just a suggestion. We shared it with another couple, so there were only 4 of us, but I was not happy that there were only 2 lounge chairs. Actually there probably wasn't enought room for 2 more. I ended up sitting at the table that had 4 chairs. You can always lay claim to a couple of the chair on the sand if needed. I have to rush off for now, but if you have more questions, I'll check back later. John

I just did this in November - we had a party of 7 traveling together 4 adults and 3 kids and then another party of 5 (3 adults and 2 kids) that joined us as well, we all used the cabana not a problem. It was so hot we all spent most of the time in the water.

You will be fine with three adults and four kids. When you get on board and reserve your cabana # at the shore excursion desk, tell them you have 4 people so you get the full amount of food, beverage, towels and water gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will be fine with three adults and four kids. When you get on board and reserve your cabana # at the shore excursion desk, tell them you have 4 people so you get the full amount of food, beverage, towels and water gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks!

Can we request a certain cabana? And if so, which one would you recommend? We don't want to be close to the noise/bar.

Thanks!

Can we request a certain cabana? And if so, which one would you recommend? We don't want to be close to the noise/bar.

You can only do that once you get on the ship, you have to go directly over to the excursion desk. Echoing others in you will be fine with 7. Last year we did the two level cabana. That was really nice!:)

I actually had that one in my "shopping cart" first but then decided to do the Cabana instead. If I had a group to split the cost with I would do the Vila!

We always traveled as a family of five and our first time at HMC we paid for our fifth person $50. I asked at the excursion desk and was advised that more than four is extra. I should have known to walk away when the girl was hesitant to take my card and charge for our fifth person, but I didn't..... Since then we just do what we should have done and not worry about it. :p

The cabana includes snorkel gear for four people and they used to take your sizes and drink preferences. Now they just take drink preference and you need to speak up if someone wears a very small or large size snorkel fin. The cabana also comes with fruit / veggie tray and chips / dips, and float mats. If you arrive on the first tender you may arrive ahead of your accessories, but never fear; they will show up soon.

We're looking forward to our next cabana at HMC two weeks from now. It will be our 7th sailing to HMC and 7th Cabana.

We always traveled as a family of five and our first time at HMC we paid for our fifth person $50. I asked at the excursion desk and was advised that more than four is extra. I should have known to walk away when the girl was hesitant to take my card and charge for our fifth person, but I didn't..... Since then we just do what we should have done and not worry about it. :p

The cabana includes snorkel gear for four people and they used to take your sizes and drink preferences. Now they just take drink preference and you need to speak up if someone wears a very small or large size snorkel fin. The cabana also comes with fruit / veggie tray and chips / dips, and float mats. If you arrive on the first tender you may arrive ahead of your accessories, but never fear; they will show up soon.

We're looking forward to our next cabana at HMC two weeks from now. It will be our 7th sailing to HMC and 7th Cabana.

I kind of remember a guy in front of me at the excursion desk right after boarding the Liberty a couple of years back (he was 1st in line and I was 2nd). Ring a bell?

As someone said, you will only get four sets of snorkel gear ... but I'm sure you can rent extras or you can always trade off. You get, I believe eight sodas and four bottles of water as well, plus a fruit plate, and chips and dips (we had a huuuugggeee bag of chips).

As someone said, you will only get four sets of snorkel gear ... but I'm sure you can rent extras or you can always trade off. You get, I believe eight sodas and four bottles of water as well, plus a fruit plate, and chips and dips (we had a huuuugggeee bag of chips).

So even if we have 7 people we really won't even need extra drinks. And if need be, we could go somewhere there on HMC and get more....?

Thanks for the info! I'm glad that I booked it!

We have had 8 people and were fine...plenty of snacks and drinks for everyone.

Make sure you go to the desk as soon as you get on the ship to pick your actual cabana...they get chosen pretty fast...the higher numbers are farther away from the crowd and the lower numbers are where it is busier and noisier. We like to get the highest # we can.

Enjoy your cabana! :)

There are four of us, two adults two kids and we always get the highest # cabana. We had two other couples "crash" our cabana and we were fine.

There are only two lounges but most of the time is in the water. I would pull a couple of lounges intro t of your cabana and put towels on them for your extra guests.

There is also a fridge in the cabana so that if you bring dome sodas off the ship you can keep them cold.

There are four of us, two adults two kids and we always get the highest # cabana. We had two other couples "crash" our cabana and we were fine.

There are only two lounges but most of the time is in the water. I would pull a couple of lounges intro t of your cabana and put towels on them for your extra guests.

There is also a fridge in the cabana so that if you bring dome sodas off the ship you can keep them cold.

Excellent! Thank you!

I think that we may bring some sodas back on from the port in Nassau or Freeport so that we will have extras. Is there a limit to how much soda can be brought back onto the ship while in port?

I kind of remember a guy in front of me at the excursion desk right after boarding the Liberty a couple of years back (he was 1st in line and I was 2nd). Ring a bell?

Jim,

:) Sure do.

Was it also the sailing where the Captain took #15 for the day? I remember that happening once, but not sure which time.....:o

No one will say anything. You will however only get the snorkel gear, float mats, and snacks and drinks for 4 unless you pay an extra $50 per person. Considering you have a free barbecue and drinks available at the food pavilion, it shouldn't be a big deal.

Enjoy your cabana in paradise!

Jim,

:) Sure do.

Was it also the sailing where the Captain took #15 for the day? I remember that happening once, but not sure which time.....:o

Yup, I believe it was. You and I were discussing how we were the first two in line (think you got 14 and we got 13) trying to figure out how the last one was already taken when we knew that we were the first on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jimbo5544

Yup, I believe it was. You and I were discussing how we were the first two in line (think you got 14 and we got 13) trying to figure out how the last one was already taken when we knew that we were the first on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What's the soonest we can talk to someone at the Shore Ex desk? I don't recall seeing anyone there during embarkation...?

Excellent! Thank you!

I think that we may bring some sodas back on from the port in Nassau or Freeport so that we will have extras. Is there a limit to how much soda can be brought back onto the ship while in port?

I really don't know the answer to that one. We have brought a 6 pack on from a stop but we usually just bring a 12 pack on when we board and we have been fine. We actually bring more powerade/gatorade than anything else.

I really don't know the answer to that one. We have brought a 6 pack on from a stop but we usually just bring a 12 pack on when we board and we have been fine. We actually bring more powerade/gatorade than anything else.

We aren't big soda drinkers, but the kids do like Capri Sun, etc. Maybe we'll just plan on bringing it onboard and take it off on our HMC day.

Thanks!

I went and booked a cabana shortly after we got on the ship. We had

a group of 10. I didn't request anything extra - it worked out fine.

It is booked in one family name so that group get to be among the

first off the ship to go over in the morning - the others can join you

later on.

We had cabana 8 - great location and I would do this again!:)

DSC02208.jpg

There are lots of chairs to move around for your group too.

DSC02209.jpg

Our view - wish I was there now!

DSC02198.jpg