CocoCay tender

sonocruiser

I have been reading some reviews lately about not being able to go to Coco Cay because of wind. Does that happen alot? I leave on Monday going to Coco Cay(having a relaxing beach day) is one of the things I am most looking forward to. Does anyone have experience with not going?What did you do with your extra sea day? I would probably spend the day at the spa I guess.

I have been reading some reviews lately about not being able to go to Coco Cay because of wind. Does that happen alot? I leave on Monday going to Coco Cay(having a relaxing beach day) is one of the things I am most looking forward to. Does anyone have experience with not going?What did you do with your extra sea day? I would probably spend the day at the spa I guess.

We have about an 80% success rate going to Coco Cay. On the times we didn't make it, sometimes they went to Nassau early and spent the night, other times it was a sea day. If you are on Enchantment and they miss Monday, they may be able to make it Thursday.

Edited by clarea

I've been pretty lucky. I've been to Coco Cay 11 times with a 100% success rate. In all my cruises, I have never missed a tender port due to weather. :)

I only had 1 time when they couldn't tender to Coco Cay because of weather. We were supposed to stop there the first day and go to Nassau the next day (3 night cruise), but they managed to get us into Nassau a day early. Then the weather improved the next day and we went back to Coco Cay. So they just flipped the itinerary and it worked out fine. However, if Nassau was full and they couldn't get in early then I suppose we would've floated around at sea for a day.

We have made it to CoCoCay about 85% of the times. They usually add a Chef's cooking demo, more trivia, more pool contests, etc. The thing I like best about missing CocoCay is that the main dining room will be open for lunch and I get to have the Tutti Salad. They do there best to make it to the island but have to put the passenger safety first. Enjoy your cruise!

we have had a 100% rate of making it there (twice). First time it was picture perfect. Second it was scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. The wind really picked up for the return trip. As a biologist, i am on small boats on lakes and rivers in storms often, with expensive state owned equipment, so i know to hunker down and how to pack my stuff so nothing blows away or is water damaged. but a number of the passengers on our tender did not know how rough it would get. Saw a camera, a hat, sunglasses, and possibly worst, a few hundred dollar bills, blow away on the journey back. We had great beach days and did not spend a dime. just be sure you bring a bag large enough to stow everything you bring with you so your hands are free. in our experience, we enjoy coco cay more than labadee, but we do not drink and prefer shady beach with good snorkeling/swimming.

We made it to COCO Cay last week on the Granduer, eventually. The tender process was a complete disaster. We were late arriving to the island, not a weather issue or our delayed boarding, so we don't know why. There didn't appear to be enough tender or they were not being directed to the correct places. Enchantment was in port with us. We had a 1 1/2 hr. plus wait for a tender after they announced the tender process had started, and we were on the second tender, and arrived after 11:30! Many people had missed their timed water park slots, and had to argue to get their children into the park. Many people we spoke with didn't arrive until after 1:30. We were taken down as a handicap traveler who couldn't do steps and the crew forgot to lock the elevators to deck 1. It was a mess as people were able to take the elevators by themselves to deck 1 where the tendering was taking place (therefore avoiding the line that had formed up to deck 6). There were several staff hiding between deck 1 and 2 where there were no passengers because they were as one lady said, "tired of the complaints". When this was brought to the attention of guest services, they said it normally works better, but they didn't do tender tickets this time. The process looked like something the crew had never done before. For something they do every week, you would think they'd have the process perfected! Once on the island, it was a great day, but getting there was the battle.

We made it to COCO Cay last week on the Granduer, eventually. The tender process was a complete disaster. We were late arriving to the island, not a weather issue or our delayed boarding, so we don't know why. There didn't appear to be enough tender or they were not being directed to the correct places. Enchantment was in port with us. We had a 1 1/2 hr. plus wait for a tender after they announced the tender process had started, and we were on the second tender, and arrived after 11:30! Many people had missed their timed water park slots, and had to argue to get their children into the park. Many people we spoke with didn't arrive until after 1:30. We were taken down as a handicap traveler who couldn't do steps and the crew forgot to lock the elevators to deck 1. It was a mess as people were able to take the elevators by themselves to deck 1 where the tendering was taking place (therefore avoiding the line that had formed up to deck 6). There were several staff hiding between deck 1 and 2 where there were no passengers because they were as one lady said, "tired of the complaints". When this was brought to the attention of guest services, they said it normally works better, but they didn't do tender tickets this time. The process looked like something the crew had never done before. For something they do every week, you would think they'd have the process perfected! Once on the island, it was a great day, but getting there was the battle.

How early did you get in line? Curious as we'll be on Grandeur boarding next Saturday and will be sharing Coco Cay with Enchantment as well. If it looks like its going to be a pain, My wife and I may get in line early and let the kids sleep i a bit and let them get in line and head over later (kids = 16 & 18, not like we are leaving young kids to fend for themselves).

They announced early, around 8:00 or so that we would be getting in late, We were sitting by the Computer Lounge, as low as we could get with a seat, as the ship was beginning to put the final anchor down. They asked for people to avoid the stair wells, but no one listened, and the staff did not enforce there rules. If they said not to stand there and people did, the crew just ignored them, it would have been nice if when they made an announcement, they actually followed through with what they said. There were a few people already in line to get off. They announced it would be 45 min to 1 hr before tendering would begin. Once they made the announcement it was still almost an hr and a half before we got off. If they do tender tickets, there will be no issue but for some reason, they didn't last week, and didn't know why?

RCL is going to change all the itineraries to now read "Coco Maybe" instead of Coco Cay. that way you know what is coming.. or not...
It isn't only CoCo Cay it's all the tender ports are dependent upon sea conditions. I've only missed CoCo once in quite a few trips - at least a dozen.

It isn't only CoCo Cay it's all the tender ports are dependent upon sea conditions. I've only missed CoCo once in quite a few trips - at least a dozen.

We set foot on Coco Maybe only about 50% of the time we were suppose to. thus Coco Maybe---------maybe----maybe----maybe--:confused:

I've been pretty lucky. I've been to Coco Cay 11 times with a 100% success rate. In all my cruises, I have never missed a tender port due to weather. :)

You are lucky!

We missed the Falklands on one sailing and that was disappointing missing the King Penguins. Made up for it by making it to Antarctica.

I'm thinking this was on Tuesday, April 8th? We were on Enchantment and with you there that day. For us, they announced early (8ish) that they were holding off the tenders. By 9ish they said they were attempting it (for a first time cruiser, the word "attempting" didn't sound very good!). but we made it over about 9:30 and our lines moved quickly on the boat. I spoke with a lady from the Granduer while on the Cay and she said their tenders were really slow. Ours moved quickly both on and off the island although it was a slightly rough trip both ways..... maybe it's always like that, I don't know.

But to answer the original op question: we are 1 for 1. The day was beautiful but the sea was rough - we rented snorkeling equipment and tried but it wasn't good snorkeling at all.