Diamond balcony discount and next cruise

I know I can combine these two discounts. Can I also combine any Royal Caribbean sales as well? Also if I book a suite must I add more to my $100 deposit for each person for Next Cruise?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I know I can combine these two discounts. Can I also combine any Royal Caribbean sales as well? Also if I book a suite must I add more to my $100 deposit for each person for Next Cruise?

No other sales would be combinable with the discounts mentioned.

For suites above a JS you are supposed to pay full deposit when using a NCC but some have reported on here that they were not asked to pay the additional charge.

If you book a Grand Suite or better, you must pay full deposit for all guests. I believe that would be $500 per person for a typical 7 day cruise.

Regarding combining with a sale, all I can say is "it depends". So many restrictions these days, it's very hard to say.

By the way, read the new terms for a NCC. The OBC amounts have been greatly reduced such that it would be better to book a specific cruise.

Since I deposited Next Cruise about 2 years ago NOT specifying a cruise - when I do book a cruise will I be grandfathered and get $100 on board credit or only $50 under new policy?

Since I deposited Next Cruise about 2 years ago NOT specifying a cruise - when I do book a cruise will I be grandfathered and get $100 on board credit or only $50 under new policy?

You should be grandfathered in with the terms in place at the time you purchased the NCC.

I did a booking on the cruise

So I got OBC plus my C and A balcony discount

Then when I got home I transferred to another TA who also gave me additional OBC for transferring.

I think I came out pretty darn good.

No other sales would be combinable with the discounts mentioned.
We purchased an RCI Open Booking in January 2014 (note that OBCs have been reduced for more recently purchased Open Bookings). This Open Booking has been applied to the 13 night Liberty TA leaving 1 May 2014. We got $150 Open Booking OBC PLUS we were able to get a $115 C&A Savings discount off the list price. Note that we were NOT applying for a Balcony Discount, so possible it could have been Balcony OR C&A Savings - I'm not sure about that, but I do know that we got Open Booking OBC AND C&A Savings. As stated by others Open Booking OBCs have been greatly reduced, but you have a 2 year old grandfathered certificate. C&A Savings are also in a state of flux, so hard to say how any of this would work out going forward.

Thom

We purchased an RCI Open Booking in January 2014 (note that OBCs have been reduced for more recently purchased Open Bookings). This Open Booking has been applied to the 13 night Liberty TA leaving 1 May 2014. We got $150 Open Booking OBC PLUS we were able to get a $115 C&A Savings discount off the list price. Note that we were NOT applying for a Balcony Discount, so possible it could have been Balcony OR C&A Savings - I'm not sure about that, but I do know that we got Open Booking OBC AND C&A Savings. As stated by others Open Booking OBCs have been greatly reduced, but you have a 2 year old grandfathered certificate. C&A Savings are also in a state of flux, so hard to say how any of this would work out going forward.

Thom

Used one of my open bookings last week; it was grandfathered so I got my OBC for a JS plus my C&A diamond balcony discount and didn't have to pay any additional deposit. If I had booked a GS or above I would have had to pay an additional deposit.

I purchased 4 open bookings in November 2013. I had one left open as yesterday. I was concerned that they would not "grandfather" it in as mentioned here. I booked a balcony yesterday and was told that I would get the diamond discount and the full OBC as I had over the past few months. The ridiculous part is that only one of the four invoices emailed to me lists the OBC.

I have called RC about this twice and was assured that the OBC's are showing up on their end on all 4 bookings.

The one booking that does show OBC has had the pricing revert to "todays" rate twice. That is a complete mess that cannot be resolved each time without upper management approval.

Needless to say - Not a fan of the Tech dept. at RC.

If you book a Grand Suite or better, you must pay full deposit for all guests. I believe that would be $500 per person for a typical 7 day cruise.

I started with a Next cruise cert and I switched from a JS to a GS for our west coast Jewel cruise May 2015 and have only put $300 on the cruise so far. Could it be that is it only 6 days?

I started with a Next cruise cert and I switched from a JS to a GS for our west coast Jewel cruise May 2015 and have only put $300 on the cruise so far. Could it be that is it only 6 days?

Unless they have changed their deposit requirements, the normal (JS and below) deposit for a 6 to 9 night cruise is $250pp. So the GS deposit should be double at $500pp. I'd call and double check that all is well because I've read some people say they got cancelled because of insufficient deposit.

Edited by clarea

Unless they have changed their deposit requirements, the normal (JS and below) deposit for a 6 to 9 night cruise is $250pp. So the GS deposit should be double at $500pp. I'd call and double check that all is well because I've read some people say they got cancelled because of insufficient deposit.

hmm think I will call and put some more money on that one. Have to pay it sooner or later. :p

hmm think I will call and put some more money on that one. Have to pay it sooner or later. :p

Please report back and let us know what they say. I'm curious if the rules have changed.